ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » [Solved] MQ Cluster doesn't distribute load evenly

[Solved] MQ Cluster doesn't distribute load evenly « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ywang01
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: [Solved] MQ Cluster doesn't distribute load evenly Reply with quote

Here is the archtecture diagram that I am following:

http://publib7b.boulder.ibm.com/wasinfo1/en/info/ae/ae/cm_clust.html#cjlclustf1

My application will send 100 messages each time. The messages are put into Q1 through QM3 successfully. The question is, the first 100 messages went to QM1, second 100 messages went to QM2, and so on.

I am expecting the first message go to QM1, and 2nd message QM2, and 3rd go back to QM1, and so on and so forth.

So, what is my problem? Can any expert shed some lights on it?
Ratan
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You are probably specifying BIND_ON_OPEN. My assumption is you are openiing a queue and putting 100 messages. Since it is BIND_ON_OPEN, all the 100 messages go to one QM.
Specifying BIND_NOT_FIXED should solve your problem.

-Laze
ywang01
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. That solved the probelm. Thanks a lot.
tillywern
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Load algorithm Reply with quote

Centurion

Since the default distribution scheme is round-robin you can also creat yoru own exit to elect where the messages will go. This is especially in environments where heterogeneous messages are being distributed.

You can base yoru election method on anything you are willing to measure... CPU%, queue depths, time of day, etc...

This method would require more coding but will give you more control as well.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

There are inspiration in :
http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ts/mqseries/txppacs/mc76.html
and in the supplied sample CSQ4BAF1

The function implemented in this exit is implemented in version 5.3 of WMQ, so you might not need the exit. But anyhow it gives an example on how to create a working CLWL exit.

The next as tillywern described with using f.x. queue-depth this is quite complicated due to the fact that "Cluster workload exits must not use MQI calls".
This means that you will have to have a running service that can communicate with the CLWL exit, and issue the MQI-calls to obtain queue-depth, and also obtain q-depth from the other qmgrs in your cluster.. It become more complicated if you're using different platforms...

Another thing: Ofent used exits can affect the overall performance, and such and exit should be carefully examined before put into production. IBM states in the "Queue Manager Clusters" manual the subroutine calls that can result in a wait should be avoided....

I've been analyzing the challanges for a while....

Just my $0.02
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » [Solved] MQ Cluster doesn't distribute load evenly
Jump to: