ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » multiple mcauser for amqclchl file

multiple mcauser for amqclchl file « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kkr
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: multiple mcauser for amqclchl file Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Guys,

I have a situation where MQ client need to connect to the server QM with two mcauser id's using SSL.
To get this working, created two set of channels(with mcauser1 and mcauser2) and copied the AMQCLCHL.TAB file to the client machine(Windows) and tried to connect.
But I can only see the objects configured for mcauser1 and not for the other.
Is there any way to use two different mcausers to access two separate set of connections from the same box ?
Any suggestions please ?

Thanks in advance..
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Q. Are there two different client applications, each using its own SVRCONN?

If so, just make sure that each instance uses only its CLNTCONN entry (see HERE for examples, and adapt as necessary).
kkr
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

There are 2 SVRCONN channels each with a different mcauser id.
The example talks about having two queue managers, but in this case there is only one server queue manager and client is trying to connect to it by using two different mcauser id's but only the objects created for mcauser1 are only being displayed when tried to connect throught MQ explorer.
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

kkr wrote:
There are 2 SVRCONN channels each with a different mcauser id.

Good!

kkr wrote:
The example talks about having two queue managers, but in this case there is only one server queue manager

Note my "...adapt as necessary..." comment. To expand:

Code:
MQCONN(*FRED)
This will look up FRED in the QMNAME of the channel table. It will find a matching entry (1) and connect to it. On successful negotiation, we ignore the fact that the returned qmgr name (DALE) is different from what we connected to because of the "*" prefix.

MQCONN(*BARNEY)
This will look up BARNEY in the QMNAME of the channel table. It will find a matching entry (2) and connect to it. On successful negotiation, we ignore the fact that the returned qmgr name (DALE) is different from what we connected to because of the "*" prefix.

kkr wrote:
... only the objects created for mcauser1 are only being displayed when tried to connect through MQ explorer.

What exactly do you mean by this? Do you mean the authorities?
santnmq
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

What I understood is ....
When you are using mcausr1 to connect to server, you are not able to view the objects for mcausr2?

if this is the case.... you have to check whether mcausr1 is having the authority to view the objects for mcausr2, if not grant required authorities to that user....
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

santnmq wrote:
...you have to check whether mcausr1 is having the authority to view the objects for mcausr2, if not grant required authorities to that user...

So what would be the point of having two users with different authorities?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » multiple mcauser for amqclchl file
Jump to: