ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Data blocking issue because of special characters

Data blocking issue because of special characters « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
swethabala
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Data blocking issue because of special characters Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

We have an interface in which data comes from SAP and sent to Legacy through Broker.

In one transaction SAP has sent special characters to WMB. in that case Broker has thrown an exception. This is ok acceptable. But the problem is; after the transaction with special characters, the next transactions without any special characters are also failing. These are supposed to be successfully processed.

If we deploy the flow again then its working properly. I would like to know why this blocking is happening if one transaction failed because of special characters.
kimbert
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

More info required
- are all of these transactions in the same file/message?
- if 'yes', are the transactions fixed-length?
- please quote the error message(s)
swethabala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

The messages are not from same file. different files came after the failure also failing.

In this case input is coming from SAP. So file structure is in XML (BAPI).

Please find below the error message we are getting

{[2488]Error detected, rethrowing}.{[2521]Error while casting}.{[2135]Unconvertable character}.{e9}.{

Let me know if you need more informaiton. Also let me know if you know the reason for this kind of strange problem...
swethabala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

Can you please let me know the reason for this blocking ASAP. This is becoming critical issue.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

swethabala wrote:
This is becoming critical issue.

Then you should already have a PMR open. We don't have an SLA on responses.
kimbert
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Vitor is correct - but the reason for the delay was that I was waiting for a reply from a colleague.
This issue is a known defect, and is being addressed already. Please request an iFix for defect IC69642. And please reference this thread in your PMR.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Quote:
{[2488]Error detected, rethrowing}.{[2521]Error while casting}.{[2135]Unconvertable character}.{e9}.{

Let me know if you need more informaiton. Also let me know if you know the reason for this kind of strange problem...

The issue seems clear here. You are sending a message, presumably with a know CCSID to the MQOutput node. Only the CCISD you have chosen does not support the "special character" that is in your output message.

If you want to avoid this you might look into explicitely setting the CCSID on your output node to 1208.

Have fun
swethabala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks for the responce.

If there is a special character then MQ Output is throwing exception. That is ok. We want in that way only.

But here the problem is after one special character message all the next messages which are coming after this are also failing. This is creating the problem.

I have done debug in the code for a special character case first. It failed at statement:

SET Environment.Variables.InMsg = CAST(InputRoot.BLOB.BLOB AS
CHAR CCSID 1208);

With the following error:

{[2488]Error detected, rethrowing}.{[2521]Error while casting}.{[2135]Unconvertable character}

And after this I debugged a success case with out special characters: It is failing at this statement:

SET OutputRoot.Properties.MessageFormat = 'TDS';

With the following Error:

{[2488]Error detected, rethrowing}.{[2488]Error detected, rethrowing}.{[2595]Invalid characters}.{TDS}.

And continues same error for all the success cases also.

If I redeploy the flow then it is working properly for success cases. and if again special character comes the story repeats.

Just want to understand will there be any log created for special character cases in WMB so that it will process it again when there is a success case?

WHy this repetitive error s are occuring.
swethabala
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

May I know how to raise a PMR for this?

My client is not accepting for calling IBM and raise a ticket about this. He is asking us to resolve, but it seems out of scope for us because there is no problem in the code.
kimbert
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

It's defect in WMB, and you need to raise a PMR and ask for the fix, as described above. If the customer needs proof, feel free to use this thread as supporting evidence.
swethabala
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Can you please share the link where the PMR to be raised?

I am trying through this link http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Open_service_request/Software/Software_support_(general)

but its not allwoing me to create a new request. Please let me know how to create the request
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

swethabala wrote:
Can you please share the link where the PMR to be raised?

I am trying through this link http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Open_service_request/Software/Software_support_(general)

but its not allwoing me to create a new request. Please let me know how to create the request

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/handbook/contacts.html
swethabala
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I have raised a PMR to IBM 2 weeks back. but no reply recieved yet. The problem still persists.

I need one clarification. IF we store some data in Environment variables; will the hold the value after the transaction is over?
kimbert
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
I need one clarification. IF we store some data in Environment variables; will the hold the value after the transaction is over?
Is this connected with the original question, or is it a new question?

The answer to your question is here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v7r0m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac12620_.htm
...but I suspect that it is not the answer that you wanted to hear. Are you trying to share some data between different invocations of a message flow?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

swethabala wrote:
I have raised a PMR to IBM 2 weeks back. but no reply recieved yet. The problem still persists.

You should have received at least SOME response back in 2 weeks, if only an acknowledgment that your PMR had been received.

Did you put a link to this thread in the PMR? Did you specifically request a build of IC69642? Did you make sure to direct your PMR as a Message Broker problem?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Data blocking issue because of special characters
Jump to: