ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Server Access EJB Example in WAS 5.1/6.1

Server Access EJB Example in WAS 5.1/6.1 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
happy
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Server Access EJB Example in WAS 5.1/6.1 Reply with quote

Hi there,
I am in the process of migrating an application to WAS 6.1.0.13 and ICS 4.3.0.6 and have run against a brick wall while getting the Server Access EJB (cwsession_ejb-jar.jar) working.

In WAS 6.1 when I try to access the EJB I receive NoClassDefFound exceptions for the class "weblogic dot common dot T3Services" during the ejbCreate phase.

In WAS 5.1 the same exception is thrown but it gets caught within the cwsession_ejb-jar.jar and a message about logging to StdOut is displayed instead.

To test that it was not just a configuration issue I created the Sample Applications available with Interchange Server EJB Development kit using WSAD 5.1, deployed it to WAS 5.1 and tested.
I discovered it did not catch the T3Services class when I had the cwsession_ejb-jar.jar not listed as a module dependency, but as soon as I added it, the sample program started working.

I went through the same steps to create the sample program in WAST 6.1 but unfortunately did not have the same success.

I have not found very much information regarding other people running into this exception.

So.
Does anyone know what I can do to make sure NoClassDefFound Exceptions are caught properly in WAS 6.1 runtime
Or
Does anyone know what I can do to make sure the weblogic dot common dot T3Services noClassDefFound exception does not get thrown.
Keeping in mind that BEA Weblogic is not part of the application. Just Websphere Interchange Server, Websphere MQ, Websphere Application Server

Cheers

grr. You must have 1 posts before you can post URL's/Links.
A package name is not a link.

I suspect this issue is class loader related as I just circumvented it by creating an empty class called weblogic dot common dot T3Services.

The WAS 6.1 classloaders found this class and kept happily processing
The cwSession_jar finally managed to catch it's exception and do it's thing.
I now have ICS connectivity with WAS 6.1 but am not happy about the hatchet job involved

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » Server Access EJB Example in WAS 5.1/6.1
Jump to: