ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » MQ Binding - How to remove MQRFH2 from MQ header

MQ Binding - How to remove MQRFH2 from MQ header « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rajaram
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: MQ Binding - How to remove MQRFH2 from MQ header Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi All,

My scenario is as follows:

SAP --> WPS --> AIX MQ Remote Q--> MAINFRAME MQ Local Q

I am getting an IDOC from SAP, WPS convertS the IDOC to xml file and puts it on AIX MQ remote queue. AIX mq remote queue is sending the message to local MQ queue on mainframe

the problem is when i see the final message on MAINFRAME local Q, I am getting an MQRFH2 header in addition to MQMD header. How to get rid of the MQRFH2 header?. is there any setting that i can use at application server level or MQ binding level?. Please advise of any suggestions.

Thanks,
R
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: MQ Binding - How to remove MQRFH2 from MQ header Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rajaram wrote:
Hi All,

My scenario is as follows:

SAP --> WPS --> AIX MQ Remote Q--> MAINFRAME MQ Local Q

I am getting an IDOC from SAP, WPS convertS the IDOC to xml file and puts it on AIX MQ remote queue. AIX mq remote queue is sending the message to local MQ queue on mainframe

the problem is when i see the final message on MAINFRAME local Q, I am getting an MQRFH2 header in addition to MQMD header. How to get rid of the MQRFH2 header?. is there any setting that i can use at application server level or MQ binding level?. Please advise of any suggestions.

Thanks,
R
Set the targetClient property on the WPS Destination to MQ.
rajaram
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks Saper,

We had already set targetClient to "MQ", but the issue is still appearing. We did some investigation and found in the WPS Adminstration Document that when the output data binding is set "XML Binding", RFH2 header is added by default. We are trying to change the binding to "Unstructed text message". hopefully, this should work.

Thank You!!
rajaram
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Looks like MQ BINDING has some error internally. Even CCSID is also shown incorrectly. Finally, After doing some r&d, We changed the binding from "MQ" to "MQJMS" and it working fine. Now, the message appears correctly on the MQ queue with message format as "MQSTR".

(Note: We had used MA01-Q utility to check the message which correctly shows the junk characters in the message. RFHUTILC doenst show the junk chars associated with the message or may be i am using incorrect version of RFHUTILC)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » MQ Binding - How to remove MQRFH2 from MQ header
Jump to: