ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » How to export more than one operation using mq export WPS?

How to export more than one operation using mq export WPS? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Srini_P
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: How to export more than one operation using mq export WPS? Reply with quote

Hi All,
I have developed an SCA module with mq export binding and it has more than one operation in the Interface.
But It is executing every time only one operation. I used function selector as Native function selector.
and method binding as "handleMessage" for both methods.

My Environment:
WID 6.1
WPS 6.1.

I am listening on a Queue which gets the XML messages.
What function selector needs to be used to execute appropriate method on the interface?

Thanks in advance.
Srini_P
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi All,
I have developed an SCA module with mq export binding and it has more than one operation in the Interface.
But It is executing every time only one operation. I used function selector as Native function selector.
and method binding as "handleMessage" for both methods.

My Environment:
WID 6.1
WPS 6.1.

I am listening on a Queue which gets the XML messages.
What function selector needs to be used to execute appropriate method on the interface?

Thanks in advance.

Anybody have any idea to handle multiple operations on Java Interface using the mqbinding in export.
wooda
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

For >1 operation you must use a different function selector, the default "Constant" function selector will always invoke one operation with the native method value "handleMessage". In your case it will select the first one it finds that matches.

You need to
a.) determine what in the incoming message can be used to determine which operation to invoke.
b.) select an appropriate supplied function selector OR write a custom function selector to correctly return a value that can be mapped to a specific operation (mapping is in the method binding) "native method" (is the string the function selector returns) => operation name.
Srini_P
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You need to
a.) determine what in the incoming message can be used to determine which operation to invoke.
b.) select an appropriate supplied function selector OR write a custom function selector to correctly return a value that can be mapped to a specific operation (mapping is in the method binding) "native method" (is the string the function selector returns) => operation name.

I am trying to use the functionselector as "Use JMS default function selector " and mapped the method binding to the operation name in the native method.
How to add edit the MQRFH2 header to add the TargetfunctionName?
wooda
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Well TargetfunctionName is a JMS property which MQ stores natively in the RFH2 header. JMS properties are stored by MQ in the <usr> folder in the RFH2 header name value data.

So the easiest way is to put a JMS message to MQ with a String property called TargetfunctionName and then take a look at the RFH2 header that Mq has created.......
Srini_P
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So the easiest way is to put a JMS message to MQ with a String property called TargetfunctionName and then take a look at the RFH2 header that Mq has created.......

I am adding the targetfucntionname in the ESQL by using the following code.

SET OutputRoot.MQRFH2.usr.TargetFunctionName = 'HelloOSOperation';
But I am getting following exception in trace node.
(0x03000000):Text = 'Invalid parser sequence' (CHARACTER)
I am new to the ESQL, what is the correct code snippet to add it.
Thanks in advance..
wooda
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

What are using to send the JMS request ? A client application or WPS or something else ?
Srini_P
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What are using to send the JMS request ? A client application or WPS or something else ?

To answer your question: Message broker flow is sending the message to WPS mq export Queue.

I got the working solution by using the function selector as "MQ uses type information as native function".

Thanks for your help....

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » How to export more than one operation using mq export WPS?
Jump to: