ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN

Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
brian_r
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi All,

Im getting a not authorised message from the command prompt when connecting from a Windows machine to a HPUX machine. Im running a local user account which Ive given all permissions to the target queue and target SVRCONN channel that Im using.

Neither error log has been populated to give me any further details. Is there anything(maybe locally) else I could not be authorised to.

"MQOPEN ended with reason code 2035" is all I get.

thanks in advance

Brian
ranganathan
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Did you do a dspmqaut ?!
Did you refresh the security ?!
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

brian_r wrote:
Is there anything(maybe locally) else I could not be authorised to.

Does the user have connect authority?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
brian_r wrote:
Is there anything(maybe locally) else I could not be authorised to.

Does the user have connect authority?

Would hope the MQCONN would throw the 2035 in that case, not the MQOPEN.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

"Im getting a not authorised message from the command prompt..."
Can you be a little more specific, please.

What application are you executing from the command prompt?

Is there a qmgr on the platform where you are running the application?

Is it a client-bindings application?

What object is it trying to open?
vol
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Enable auth events on the qmgr, and inspect the auth event queue after the app has run. The auth event will show the action attempted and the auth required.

Generally, the user name on Windows must exist on HP in lower case, and must have +connect +inq +dsp on the qmgr, and +get or +put on the queue depending on the options passed to MQOPEN

No auth is required on the channel just to run it
Sam Uppu
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Are you using the MCAUSER attribute filled with some user id on SVRCONN channel?. If so, you should connect to the QMgr via that SVRCONN channel with the userid used in MCAUSER of SVRCONN channel.

Thanks.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Are you using a client-channel table? If so, did you set the appropriate environment variables?

If you are not using a client-channel table, did you set the appropriate environment variables?

Is your application really a client app? Is it connecting to the correct qmgr?
brian_r
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

ranganathan wrote:
Did you do a dspmqaut ?!

Yes and Yes
exerk
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN Reply with quote

Jedi Council

brian_r wrote:
...Im running a local user account which Ive given all permissions to the target queue and target SVRCONN channel that Im using...

Obvious question (I'm good at them): is the userid on the Windoze box also defined on the HP-UX box?

Sam Uppu wrote:
...Are you using the MCAUSER attribute filled with some user id on SVRCONN channel?. If so, you should connect to the QMgr via that SVRCONN channel with the userid used in MCAUSER of SVRCONN channel...

What would be the point of that? The idea of using an MCAUSER is to limit the access to objects to that MCAUSER which is authorised, of anyone authorised whom connects via that channel.
brian_r
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

bruce2359 wrote:
"Im getting a not authorised message from the command prompt..."
Can you be a little more specific, please.

What application are you executing from the command prompt?

Is there a qmgr on the platform where you are running the application?

Is it a client-bindings application?

What object is it trying to open?

Hi Bruce,

Im running amqsputc from a Dos command line. There is no qmgr on the platform Im using, its just a client installation. Its trying to connect to a queue called BRIAN through a SVRCONN channel.

The only error message I see is:

"Sample AMQSPUT0 start
target queue is BRIAN
MQOPEN ended with reason code 2035
unable to open queue for output
Sample AMQSPUT0 end"

Brian
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

brian_r wrote:
ranganathan wrote:
Did you do a dspmqaut ?!

Yes and Yes

Show us the output of dspmqaut for the group that contains your ID. This assumes the MCAUSER of the SVRCONN channel is blank allowing your ID to actually be used, otherwise the ID in the MCAUSER is used. In that case we need the dspmqaut for the group that holds that ID. A Security Exit on the channel could be changing the ID, but that would be rare.

Then we need to see the options you are using on your MQOPEN of the queue.

Turning on Authority Events at the QM will cause an event message to be produced. It will tell you what MQ API call is failing on what MQ object with what ID. It also includes the options being used, but just the numerical sum of the bits that you set when you choose your MQOPEN options. I wish IBM would just display the actual options - its not easy to reverse engineer the # to get the actual options. Anyone know of a Support Pack or hidden command that can do this?

But from this:
Code:

The only error message I see is:

"Sample AMQSPUT0 start
target queue is BRIAN
MQOPEN ended with reason code 2035
unable to open queue for output
Sample AMQSPUT0 end"

It looks like the first thing to check is does whatever ID being used have +put authority for the BRIAN queue.

Regarding the question of did you run refresh security, that is only needed in this context if you modify group membership after the QM starts. Telling people to run refresh security and refresh cluster is a chronic disease on this forum. People see the word refresh and think refresh = fix all my configuration problems. I'd bet that 99% of the times those 2 refresh commands are being issued in the real world, there is zero actual cause for it.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Please post your complete command prompt interaction - what you typed (the entire command).
Sam Uppu
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Re: Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN Reply with quote

Yatiri

exerk wrote:
brian_r wrote:
...Im running a local user account which Ive given all permissions to the target queue and target SVRCONN channel that Im using...

Obvious question (I'm good at them): is the userid on the Windoze box also defined on the HP-UX box?

Sam Uppu wrote:
...Are you using the MCAUSER attribute filled with some user id on SVRCONN channel?. If so, you should connect to the QMgr via that SVRCONN channel with the userid used in MCAUSER of SVRCONN channel...

What would be the point of that? The idea of using an MCAUSER is to limit the access to objects to that MCAUSER which is authorised, of anyone authorised whom connects via that channel.

If the MCAUSER is blank, it will accept any of the user to access MQ objects. Lets say, if you have some user 'nobody' in the MCAUSER of SVRCONN channel and and a user 'abc' trying to access this qmgr via SVRCONN channel, you will get 2035.

Thatswhat I was saying.

Thanks.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN Reply with quote

Grand Master

Sam Uppu wrote:
If the MCAUSER is blank, it will accept any of the user to access MQ objects. Lets say, if you have some user 'nobody' in the MCAUSER of SVRCONN channel and and a user 'abc' trying to access this qmgr via SVRCONN channel, you will get 2035.

Thatswhat I was saying.

That's incorrect.

If you have a user 'nobody' in the MCAUSER of a SVRCONN, then EVERY CONNECTION to that SVRCONN will be authorized as the user 'nobody'. Regardless of what user is specified at the client end.

If the user 'nobody' is a member of MQM, then you will not get a 2035.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Not Authorised 2035 when trying to connect to SVRCONN
Jump to: