ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Cannot connect My Client application to the qmanager

Cannot connect My Client application to the qmanager « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
gxv3858
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:24 am    Post subject: Cannot connect My Client application to the qmanager Reply with quote

Novice

We have a Developer box installed MQ 6.0.2.1 there is no SSL certs installed in this Qmanager and the channels are running withouot SSL.

I created a SVRCONN channel (ARJAN) so the aplication can connect , and it worked.

We have another Qmanager in a cluster environment with the ame configuration and objects as in Developer env and the application cannot cannot to the qmanager getting a reason code 2059, the SVRCONN channel is there and its configures as the same as in dev env.\
The only thing that differs these 2 qmanagers is , in the Custer env we have SSL certificates installed in the qmanager , but not yet configured, sice we are trying to get this application connect to the Qmanager.

Can anybody give a little help.?

Thanks in advance
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Cannot connect My Client application to the qmanager Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

gxv3858 wrote:
Can anybody give a little help.?

Search the forum for 2059 error discussions - it's very common. And sometimes hard to pin down.

FWIW I'll remind you that even in a cluster environment an application connects to a specific queue manager; a lot of people try to connect their application to "the cluster" and end up attempting connection to something that isn't actually there.
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:20 am    Post subject: RE Reply with quote

Grand Master

2059 0x0000080b MQRC_Q_MGR_NOT_AVAILABLE

you may get this error because when an application tries to have a connection handle obj. of the requested queue manager whilst mentioned the wrong port, ip details.

As vitor has correctly said, some applis. mention the cluster instead of the name of the queue manager, where the default queue manager is other then the expected one whose ip/port is mentioned in the confg. parameters.

please have a look again on the given parameters specified. Check the name of the queue manager, IP/HOST, Port, SSL etc.

Thanks
Varun Gupta
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Try a telnet to the qmgr's host and port. It could well be a firewall issue.
shashivarungupta
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:45 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Grand Master

Once I came across of such error in which application didn't set the SSL parameter/cipher/cert in its trust store and we did set it on the mq channel.
Due to mismatch of SSL Cipher, application was not able to make a connection to the queue manager and errors were being logged into the QM Logs at /var/mqm/QMGR/errors/
Same would be the case with you.
Have a look at there.

Thanks
-Varun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Cannot connect My Client application to the qmanager
Jump to: