ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Solved : Backout Queue Problem

Solved : Backout Queue Problem « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
CyCy
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:49 am    Post subject: Solved : Backout Queue Problem Reply with quote

Hello there ...

I'm newbie with Datapower so sorry if I ask something really familliar for ya

I explain my problem. I have two Queue, two QueueManager, one queue per Queue Manager.

The policy is really simple because it takes messages on QUEUE_A on QMGR1 and put them on QUEUE_B on QMGR2, through SVRCONN channel. everything runs well in nominal mode. But I tried to check fail over just after a Queue Full on QUEUE_B ... I checked on Datapower system logs and found a good message : "Could not send, destination queue is full (reason code 2053) ...

Ok, so I decided to check how to tell Datapower to "rollback" the message, first on the same get queue, second on a backout queue... I defined the Queue Manager Object such as : ( on datapower not MQ )

Unit of work : 1
Automatic Backout : yes
Backout Threshold : 1
Backout Queue : FAILURE

I defined FAILURE Queue on my QMGR1 ... I did a test, same message on log, same problem : the message is GET from QUEUE_A, is not on QUEUE_B ( of course ), and anywhere !!! (DeadQ, Failure, QUEUE_A ).

I tried tons of things : on the policy front and check retrieve backout properties ( which result on a bad 2273 mq error ???? ) .

Does anyone can tell me how I must manage that kind of technical problem ? I know I can manage through "on-error" topic but I really prefer to let native conf managing that kind of problem.

Thx;

Last edited by CyCy on Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
SAFraser
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

When you resolve this, I would be grateful if you would post your resolution, as our site has just purchased some DataPower appliances and we are very much in the "learning" stages.

Thanks.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Did you define BOTHRESH and BOQ on your qmgr as well on the Inputq?
Depending on which level of DataPower and MQ you need to define these things on one or / and the other. (user group meeting take away)

Make both definitions consistent and verify again. You should see a better result.
SAFraser
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

I thought maybe there was something magical about DataPower that I was missing.....
CyCy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the problem is solved.

To have a good Backout Process without dev anything with DataPower :

1. Conf properly your Queue Manager Object with :

--> Unit of Work = 1,
--> Automatic Backout = On,
--> Backout Threshold = 1,
--> Backout Queue Name = A Front Queue ( if you want to put your message elsewhere ),

2. Dpmq Url like this : dmqp://QM_Object/?RequestQueue=QueueName;Transactional=true

3. In Configure Multi-Protocol Gateway advanced options, disable "Process Backend Errors" by switching it off .

And that's it ... test it, it works so well. I tried to put 10 messages from front queue A to back queue B . 10 Messages stayed in queue A ( with, of course, backout increment ) . And when I cleared the Queue B on back QM, oups, 10 messages successfully appeared

I also tried with a particular Backout Queue Name ( to define in step 1. ), and it works too ... but this option means that you must have an application to work with thoose poisoned messages.

Thanks to IBM Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Solved : Backout Queue Problem
Jump to: