ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException "SCA not empty&qu

javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException "SCA not empty&qu « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
wilsonjohn24
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException "SCA not empty&qu Reply with quote

Voyager

Basically Process Server WAS 6.1 test environment in WID is causing me much grief . I can in general deploy my Modules OK, but for no reason the publishing stops working.

The exception is error is:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Publishing failed
Publish failed with errors, warnings or both. Please see server logs for more details.
Application Failed to Start. SimpleApp
Exception thrown in RequiredModelMBean while trying to invoke operation startApplication
Exception thrown in RequiredModelMBean while trying to invoke operation startApplication
Please see server logs for more details.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

So I looked at the assopciated FFDC'S

------Start of DE processing------ = [07/02/08 10:26:10:898 GMT] , key = javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException com.ibm.ws.naming.ipcos.WsnOptimizedNamingImpl.destroyContext 322

Exception = javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException

Source = com.ibm.ws.naming.ipcos.WsnOptimizedNamingImpl.destroyContext

probeid = 322

Stack Dump = javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException: The context "sca" is not empty.

at com.ibm.ws.naming.ipbase.NameSpace.destroySubcontext(NameSpace.java:853)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The SCA JNDI area is not empty as it contains out of the box IBM modules:
BFMIF_widNode_server1
HTMIF_widNode_server1

Anyone encountered this issue? The module is very very simple.

cheers,

John
mjohnston99
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I am experiencing exactly the same problem as you. I can't offer any solution. Actually I was hoping you have discovered how to fix it.

Anyway I notice that this symptom only happened after a WID/WPS crash. I suspect that application-specific JDNI entries were messed up as a result of that crash. In fact when I remove the project from the server and then use the JNDI browser (available as part of the Integration Test Client), I see a residue of application-specific entries which seems suspicious.

Melissa J
wilsonjohn24
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

I fixed it by reinstallting - WID.

Attempted a few work arounds like restoring the WAS config but no luck. This time after the installing I backup the entire wps config - incase the problem occurred again.

My latest install has been much more stable. After this install I defraged the disk several times as the WID install was very fragmented on the hard disk as the install is very intensive. This maybe a fluke

John
farbman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the exact same error when I have a completely fresh install of WID 6.1.2 trying to run the supplied HelloWorld example.

Anyone have a better solution than reinstallation?
ryaligar
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException: The context "sca Reply with quote

I am getting exact same problem. Looks like WID6.1.0.1 or WID6.2 is not able to register the activespec JNDI name. I tried deploying through ear file and got

ADMA0114W: Resource assignment with JNDI name sca/TestModule/ActivationSpec is not found within scope of module TestModuleEJB with URI TestModuleEJB.jar,META-INF/ejb-jar.xml deployed to target WebSphere:cell=widCell,node=widNode,server=server1.

Does anyone know the workaround for this problem.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » javax.naming.ContextNotEmptyException "SCA not empty&qu
Jump to: