ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » URGENT !!!! !!!! JAVA on NONSTOP SERVERS

URGENT !!!! !!!! JAVA on NONSTOP SERVERS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:48 am    Post subject: URGENT !!!! !!!! JAVA on NONSTOP SERVERS Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
Has anyone installed or implemented Java on Nonstop servers esp Tandem / Compaq Nonstop server ?
Looking for resources over the net ,if anyone could point me in the right direction would be of great help. I am trying to implement MQBase Java/ JMS on Tandem Nonstop server.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kavitha
IBM Certified System Administrator
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com
bkasisch
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2002 12:24 pm    Post subject: Java on Nonstop Servers Reply with quote

Novice

Yes, I have installed and used Java on NonStop servers.

No, there are not any web sites.

BTW, MQ Clients are _NOT_ officially supported on NonStop Servers.
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. I am feeling glad that atlast i found someone whos has installed Java on Nonstop server.
Right now anyway i am not worried about the support, cos we are trying to do some test. So i appreciate any input from you would be a good start for me. So can explain me how should i go about doing it. FIrst i have installed MQSeries v5.1 with OSS on, but unfortunately it was giving an error "/bin/sh .. file not mounted .. " something like this when i give a OSH commans in tacl. Any idea why? This is the status what i am in, Please help me out by sharing your experience of installation.

Kavitha
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com
bkasisch
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

kavithadhevi wrote:
Hi,
... but unfortunately it was giving an error "/bin/sh .. file not mounted .. " something like this when i give a OSH commans in tacl. Any idea why?

The problem you are describing might be because your userid does not have a "home" directory set up in the POSIX (UNIX) environment (ie my userid is kasiscb therefore, in posix, I have a "home" directory of /home/kasiscb).

This is basic Tandem setup, nothing to do with Java or MQSeries. You need to go to your system admin and get this setup before you will be able to get _anything_ in the POSIX environment to work.

Note: you can also start a Unix shell if you "telnet" to the Tandem and type POSIX (instead of TACL) at the prompt. OSH is just a shortcut for entering POSIX commands from a Guardian (TACL) session. It is extremely limited and will cause you endless problems when trying to do anything in the POSIX environment
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thank you bkasisch !

That was a really helpful information and making some progress. I really appreciate your timely information.

Might need some more help from you as we progress . I hope i can expect that from you and MQSeries users.

Kavitha
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com
bkasisch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

kavithadhevi wrote:
Thank you bkasisch !

Might need some more help from you as we progress . I hope i can expect that from you and MQSeries users.

Since these are mostly Tandem questions you may want to try the comp.sys.tandem newsgroup. You will also probably get more timely detailed answers there.
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
Thanks for the reference. If you dont mind could you send the url.

Kavitha
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com
bkasisch
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

kavithadhevi wrote:
Hi,
Thanks for the reference. If you dont mind could you send the url.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=comp.sys.tandem
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
Thanks that was really informative and helpful.
Now i am able to run java application just kinda simple ones. what i am trying to achieve in here is to run MQBase Java application. I am not using JMS yet.
For this MQBase Java application itself when i compile using mq.jar, compiles fine. Running it gives me
Quote:
"Unable to load message catalog - mqji
com.ibm.mq.MQException: Message catalog not found "

So from the forum discussion, i set classpath and path , giving for the mq libs and java libs. but still no use. Any thoughts?
Also i tried using mqbind.jar to compile, compiles with some deprecations, i dont know how to solve that, mean which version and stuff like that. but no errors.
so i run it . then its trying to find MQQueueManager class. its so spooky. i am not able to follow.

this is my path setting :

export CLASSPATH=/opt/mqm/java/lib/com.ibm.mqbind.jar:/opt/mqm/java/lib/com.ibm.mq.jar:/opt/mqm/java/lib/connector.jar:.

export PATH=$PATH:/usr/tandem/java/bin:/opt/mqm/java/lib

javac -classpath ./com.ibm.mq.jar:./com.ibm.mqbind.jar:.connector.jar:.:/usr/tandem/java/lib mqbind1.java

java -classpath ./com.ibm.mq.jar:./com.ibm.mqbind.jar:.connector.jar:.:/usr/tandem/java/lib mqbind1

Can you pls help me out .

Kavitha
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com
bkasisch
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

kavithadhevi wrote:
Hi,
... For this MQBase Java application itself when i compile using mq.jar, compiles fine. Running it gives me
Quote:
"Unable to load message catalog - mqji
com.ibm.mq.MQException: Message catalog not found "

so i run it . then its trying to find MQQueueManager class. its so spooky. i am not able to follow.

The first problem is a typical MQSeries Java (not Tandem Java) problem. So you can search this forum for other solutions to this problem. I think it is because you are missing the properties files (they either need to be in your path or in the directory you are running from, I copied all the properties files to /opt/mqm/java/lib.)

The second problem: I don't know why you are trying to use mqbind.jar.
The current IBM MQSeries Using Java manual says: "...This code supports only the bindings connection and is not supplied or supported on all platforms. We recommend that you do not use it in any new applications. ..." mq.jar includes support for all the connection types, so there is no need for mqbind.jar.

The sample Java program IBM supplied with MQSeries for Tandem uses mq.jar (_NOT_ mqbind.jar), I see no mention of mqbind.jar in any documentation for MQ on Tandem. Therefore, I don't think mqbind.jar will work.
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2002 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thanks for your information, i'll use mq.jar only.

What do you mean when you refer to properties file means?
If you are talking about properties file used by the application, then my answer would be , no i am not using any properties file. Initially i am trying to connect and put/get message from the MQSeries server.
Happen to look at my classpath and Path setting , did i miss something ?
So if you some other properties file whats it.

Kavitha
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » URGENT !!!! !!!! JAVA on NONSTOP SERVERS
Jump to: