ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Help ! Broker not updating

Help ! Broker not updating « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Djeyli
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Help ! Broker not updating Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi all

Whenever I make changes in the broker, they are updating on the GUI, but not in reality. When I check the GUI on the server, I find that it matches exactly what I see on the remote admin computer, but still the message flows remain unchanged in reality.

I have deleted message flows on the GUI, but the messages still go through - transformed and everything !!! And yes I did check in and deploy everything correctly

I have even rebooted the broker/server with no positive results, the GUI remains as it should be, but the actual configuration remains the same. There are also no error messages anywhere, including the event viewer.

This is a total mystery. Has anyone had the same problem ? IBM has been VERY slow in responding to this issue - even though it was designated as urgent.

Regards
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lung
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

What version of WMQI are u using? Try updating to the latest CSD.
bolek
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Help ! Broker not updating Reply with quote

Apprentice

have you received BIP4040I and BIP2056I after deployment ( in the Control Center Log )?

BIP4040I: The Execution Group 'xxxxxxx' has processed a configuration message successfully.

A configuration message has been processed successfully. Any configuration changes have been made and stored persistently.

No user action required.

BIP2056I: Broker XXXXXX successfully processed the entire internal configuration message.

An internal configuration message was processed to completion.

No user action required.
Djeyli
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:58 pm    Post subject: More info Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi all

We are using WMQI 2.1 with the latest CSD.
When deploying any changes, we get a successful message, however this is not seen in reality.

For example: We deleted an entire message flow, of which the deployment was successful. However messages cming in were still being processed as before, and being routed to labels which now do not exist !

Graphically everything is correct, with no error messages - even in the trace files. But in reality changes are just not being made !

It is a really weird problem !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lung
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Try going to the Operations tab and refresh. If there is really nothing running there, then it really is a weird weird problem
Djeyli
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Stupid broker :P Reply with quote

Apprentice

Yeah everything is green there.

IBM have phoned in the mean time. The are totally lost with this too.
Oh well - it looks like I will have to delete the broker and redo the entire lot

Thanks for trying to help guys.
kwelch
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

We have seen this problem. Sometimes the deploys don't work even though they say they do. Sometimes a Complete deploy of the execution group or if needed the Broker resolves it for us. Sometimes we have to bring the broker and configuration manager up and down and sometimes it takes a reboot of the machine. I am sorry to say it is not the same resolution each time. Sometimes it is one of the above or a combination of one of the above.

We also experience the operations tab does not refresh after deploys all the time even though we know that the change took affect, what is in operations does not depict the change. We are using WMQI 2.1 CSD 2.

Good luck!
Karen

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Help ! Broker not updating
Jump to: