ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Beware; msg flow & set exports from CSD03 to CSD02 !work

Beware; msg flow & set exports from CSD03 to CSD02 !work « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mmarq
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:53 am    Post subject: Beware; msg flow & set exports from CSD03 to CSD02 !work Reply with quote

Acolyte

Sorry for the weird subject line - it onlys allows so many chars.

So I recently had the unfortunate experience of getting an install of MQSI v2.1 CDS03 when I requested CDS02 from the internal support group.

I did a bunch development that day (and into the night), exported everything so I would have a backup since the dev env I'm working in doesn't have backups currently. Next day I'm looking at my message set and see lots of new attributes. Hmmmm - wonder what is happening. I from my local environment to the dev environment to move my new unit tested work in and I can't connect in bec the dev env is CSD02 and I have CSD03.

When I requested and got the correct version of MQSI and CSD level I found that you CANNOT use your CSD03 exports in a CSD02 environment. It does not recognize all the new attributes that are included in the XML. The broker will complain when you try to deploy about the new attributes it cannot resolve.

Loss of time and work was fairly extensive so - look out. Make sure you want and will stay on CSD03!

-Melissa

NerveWire, Inc.
www.nervewire.com
warrenpage
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:06 am    Post subject: It can be fixed Reply with quote

Acolyte

You can fix this by editing the exported XML file and removing the following Attribute group wherever you find it.

<AttributeGroup xmi.label="validation">
<Attribute xmi.label="validateFixup" type="ValidateFixupSWIFT" encoded="false" xmi.uuid="" valueMandatory="false" value="none" attributeOwner=""/>
<Attribute xmi.label="validateAllValueConstraints" type="ValidateAllValueConstraintsSWIFT" encoded="false" xmi.uuid="" valueMandatory="false" value="yes" attributeOwner=""/>
<Attribute xmi.label="validateFailureAction" type="ValidateFailureAction" encoded="false" xmi.uuid="" valueMandatory="false" value="exception" attributeOwner=""/>
<Attribute xmi.label="validateMaster" type="ValidateMasterSWIFT" encoded="false" xmi.uuid="" valueMandatory="false" value="none" attributeOwner=""/>
</AttributeGroup>

The following stylesheet can be used to do this automatically

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" version="1.0" >

<xsl:output method="xml" doctype-system="mqsi.dtd"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:apply-templates mode="copy"/>
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="@*|node()" mode="copy">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="@*" mode="copy"/>
</xsl:copy>

<xsl:template match="AttributeGroup" mode="copy">
<xsl:if test="@xmi.label!='validation'">
<xsl:copy>
<xsl:apply-templates select="@*" mode="copy"/>
</xsl:copy>
</xsl:if>

</xsl:stylesheet>

***** P.S.

Disclaimer.. I don't guarantee that works, use it at your own risk.. etc etc etc
mmarq
PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:16 am    Post subject: CSD03 to 02 Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks! I'll give this a whirl and see what happens.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Beware; msg flow & set exports from CSD03 to CSD02 !work
Jump to: