ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » need help in comitting several sessions together thanks!

need help in comitting several sessions together thanks! « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ariel135
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: hey, thanks for the replys, but... Reply with quote

again i'm telling u guys, i can't use cluster / pub/sub or any of that.

its an API, which means, i can't force cluster/pubsub to every client who uses this API...

it can be more that 2 QMGRS, it can be 10..

the key feature is that my client will connect to several qmgrs, and the background of my API will do the send stuff...

fjb_saper - but if a specific client must have non-persistence msgs? i can tell him - "no, if u want to use "smart client" with syncpoint, u must have persistence msgs and another thing and another thing".

i can't force anything to the user, or else, i will have to give that up :|

and thats true, my problem is that if the first commits, then my system crashes/reboots or anything, then how can i roll it back? i can't.

i really need a transaction manager like markt said..

markt - can u please tell me a little bit more? how can i use mqi with any TM? and which should i use? thanks
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: thanks for the quick reply, but... Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ariel135 wrote:
I can't use single qmgr cuz I'm writing an api, I need to distrib it to unknown number of people who will use it. My goal is to create a smart client which then the user will just send and my API will do the rest - send it to any of the qmgrs. When I'm not using transactions it works perfectly but the transactions is a problem. I hate to install 3rd party program cuz then I'll have to install it to every server.. But if its the only way.. What's the recommended one? I can't upgrade to 6 cuz its not fully tested in my org yet. Any more ideas?

You REALLY need to upgrade to Version 6, for the client. This will allow you to use a channel table.
No more programing for your problem!.

Quote:
Lets think of a "client round robin", each message will go to another queue manger.

QUEUE_TEST.Put(msg) ===== will go to QMGR1
then QUEUE_TEST.Put(msg) ===== will go to QMGR2
then QUEUE_TEST.Put(msg) ===== will go to QMGR3

Why do you want to program this? This is out of the box behavior for the MQ Cluster...

Enjoy
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Quote:
well, i'm working on a program, and in my program i have an array of sessions, each item connects to a diffrent queue manager via client connection and opens a specific queue. i created few functions "put, get, commit and backout" when i put a message, i dont know where the message would really be, it can be in a random session.

Back to the original post: you have created a design here that is substantially like a transaction manager, managing resources of multiple resource managers, in this case, queue managers.

As you have discovered from trial-and-error and responses to your post, this is complicated, very complicated; and beyond the scope of the application programming interface.

One approach for your app might be to keep track (in a database, for example) of the work (messages) you have put/get, and to which qmgr you put/get them to/from. Then, when you get the replies back, you can consider them "comitted" - not by mq, but by your application.

Before you comit to using the WMQ client, there are other well-docuemented issues for WMQ client applications. They are not as robust as server-based applications.

I'm certain that this isn't what you wanted to hear. Contributors to this post site have lots of experience with application deployment; and are giving you sound opinions.

I gather from your few prior posts that you are relatively new to WMQ. I'd suggest spending some time with the WMQ APR and WMQ APR. These manuals describe what the API can and can't accomplish for you.
ariel135
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: hey Reply with quote

bruce, i'm not new at WMQ, i have 4 years of experience, i've just never worked with a TM.

anyway, i worked it out, i won't send to 2 sessions in a commit, every commit i'll go to the next session sadly.

thanks 4 all the help.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Multiphase Commit » need help in comitting several sessions together thanks!
Jump to: