ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Proper sequence for dropping an RFH1 message created on MF

Proper sequence for dropping an RFH1 message created on MF « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
philip.baker
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Proper sequence for dropping an RFH1 message created on MF Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi,

I have a flow working on Win2K where a message containing an RFH1 is placed on the queue using the RFHUTIL from Windows. When the same message is created and placed on the queue from the MainFrame, I need to make sure I am processing the message properly. I have a need to drop the RFH1, set the message format to MQSTR and map the message body to an MRM-defined message. I need the message to be in the WIndows CCSID and encoding for further processing within the flow.

Will there be a problem with removing the RFH1 if I toggle the Convert button and populate the Encoding and CCSID in the Input node to get the message content to the local settings?

Can I simply not set the COnvert option on the Input Node, Detach the RHF1 in a compute node and then use an RCD to set the message set, domain, etc?

Will simply taking the message into the MRM-domain-defined message convert the data from EBCDIC? The message set was created by Importing from a COBOL copybook.

My concern is that some of the RFH1 data within the message body will not convert correctly if done at the InputNode, thus the DETACH of the RFH1 will not succeed.

WMQI V2.1CSD02 Broker running on WIndows 2K with MQSeries 5.2.1 CSD04.

Thanks in advance for any details on this topic.
Regards,
Phil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
krchoy
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Not quite sure about some of your conversion issues - suggest you suck it and see.

A tip on the rfhutil tool - we had some conversion issues between platforms so the tool was reporting invalid rfh. The error indicated it was skipping the rfh data. However, the info displayed in the rfh tab was not refreshed, therefore showing the details from the last valid rfh read.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Proper sequence for dropping an RFH1 message created on MF
Jump to: