ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How I can stop/start a message flow from a command line

How I can stop/start a message flow from a command line « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mdapia
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea about how I can start/stop a message flow without using the Control Center?
For example, is it possible to send a xml message to the MQSI admin/queue , the same than the Control Center issue to start/stop the message flow?

regards,
Manuel Dapía
kolban
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If the control message format between the COntrol Center and the Configuration Manager were documented then yes, such a utility could be created. I looked at the IC01 Support Pac which adds a bunch of command line utilities but stop/start of a message flow within an execution group was not included.
lillo
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

but this new features are only supported on WMQI 2.1

Regards,
Coz
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

A quick way is simply to GET DISABLE the input queue for the flow provided it's a dedicated Queue that is.

Coz
kirani
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

This may not be a good idea because this will log error messages in your event viewer.

You can design your message flow in such a way that your data queue is different than your input queue(control queue). You can start your message flow by running some program which puts dummy message on input queue and then use MQGET node in a loop to get data messages from data queue.

Ultimate solution would be to have commands to start and stop message flows. This will allow users to integrate WMQI with a scheduler like AutoSys.

Regards,
Kiran
Paul D
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

It's relatively easy to create PCF commands in MQSI to to the get inhibit on the queue. Xephon had a good article in it's October 2001 MQ Update newsletter on how to create a flow to do this. The idea is that a message you design in whatever format to "stop a flow" turns into a PCF get inhibit message. They had the idea to stop a message flow if errors occur within it. This gives a chance for developers to get in and figure out what went wrong before the rest of the messages get processed and just create more failures. Examples are the ODBC database you need for lookups is down. An output queue is full, etc...
nr525
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I read with interest the suggestion to inhibit gets on the input queue to a message flow. This is something I have been trying to do but currently I have had no joy. I will certainly try to source these articles but for the time being do you have any sample ESQL avaliable that you would'nt mind posting here.

Thanks in advance
ash

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How I can stop/start a message flow from a command line
Jump to: