ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Error when deploying a SCA Application

Error when deploying a SCA Application « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
leo>
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Error when deploying a SCA Application Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I am trying to deploy a SCA application on a App server managed by a deployment manager.
I have configured WID to connect to remote test environment, using dmgr SOAP port 8879, server name (dmgr).
I am getting the following error:

Code:

[6/19/07 1:13:08:798 EDT] 0000005a SCA           E   CWSCA5001I: Could not find a messaging engine for the destination.  The deployment target "wbihost01CellManager01.dmgr"  has not been prepared to have SCA applications deployed to it.  Prepare "wbihost01CellManager01.dmgr"  by creating the appropriate messaging engines or defining the server or cluster to host the messaging engines.

[6/19/07 1:13:09:587 EDT] 0000005a SystemErr     R com.ibm.websphere.management.exception.AdminException: Could not find a messaging engine for the destination at the target wbihost01CellManager01.dmgr   at com.ibm.ws.sca.internal.deployment.sib.SIBAdmin.createDestination(SIBAdmin.java:318)   at com.ibm.ws.sca.internal.deployment.sib.SIBDestinationTask.createDestination(SIBDestinationTask.java:263)   at com.ibm.ws.sca.internal.deployment.sib.SIBDestinationTask.preInstallModule(SIBDestinationTask.java:71)   at com.ibm.ws.sca.internal.deployment.SCATaskBase.installModule(SCATaskBase.java:57)   at com.ibm.ws.sca.internal.deployment.sib.SIBDestinationTask.processArtifacts(SIBDestinationTask.java:228)   at com.ibm.ws.sca.internal.deployment.sib.SIBDestinationTask.install(SIBDestinationTask.java:287)   at com.ibm.ws.sca.internal.deployment.SCAInstallTask.performInstallTasks(SCAInstallTask.java:116)   at com.ibm.ws.sca.internal.deployment.SCAInstallTask.performTask(SCAInstallTask.java:61)   at com.ibm.ws.management.application.SchedulerImpl.run(SchedulerImpl.java:253)   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

From dmgr's admin console, I can see the both SCA.SYSTEM and SCA.APPLICATION messaging engines for the app server running.
How should I prepare dmgr to use these buses (to have SCA applications deployed to it)? Please help me.

Thanks
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

The error messages look clear enough to me...

My guess is the reason you get them is that you reference the SOAP port and not the SIBUS port.

Enjoy
leo>
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

fjb_saper,

I dont understand, WID cannot connect to process server, if you dont specify the SOAP port of dmgr. Can you explain a little more what you mean by SIBUS port & where to specify this?

Thanks
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

Did you
Quote:
Prepare "wbihost01CellManager01.dmgr" by creating the appropriate messaging engines or defining the server or cluster to host the messaging engines

?
leo>
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I am trying to figure out how to do this, and unfortunately I did not see any information on how to link dmgr to the SCA buses.
I have added appserver on to the bus which created the messaging engine. How do I add the dmgr to it? Something I should do from the dmgr's admin console?
Do you have any links explaining this, please share it, it would be so helpful.
jefflowrey
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Poobah

I think F.J. has a better idea of what's going on.

It may have to do with how the app that you're trying to deploy is configured, or the resources it uses are configured.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

When you deploy the application it has to know where the messaging engines reside. This is defined by a host and Sibus Port (messaging engine port).

It seems that all you define is a host and a SOAP port...

Enjoy
leo>
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Deploying applications from WID to managed node does not seem to be a good idea:

http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/dw_thread.jsp?forum=820&thread=166104&cat=9

And everything works great if I export the app as an .ear from WID and deploy it from dmgr's admin console.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Process Server (WID/WPS/WAS+) » Error when deploying a SCA Application
Jump to: