ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Access Control on Message Flows

Access Control on Message Flows « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
narayankumarpr
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Access Control on Message Flows Reply with quote

Hi All

When we connect to configuration manager using control center it just checks the userid and give access to all the message flows that are available in the repository. In a shared environment this might cause a problem. For example an accidental deletion of message flow or modification, some times creates havoc. Instead is it possible to access the message flows based on the userid and permission given to it? I mean any user who connects to control center should see only those flows that he/she has created and those to which he/she is given permission. Will it work in a real time situation?

Thanks & Regards
Narayan Kumar PR
Miriam Kaestner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

No, that's not possible with WMQI's role-based security concept. You need to have multiple Configuration Managers to separate users.
narayankumarpr
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho yes. You are right. It is not possible with current setup. But creating a multiple configuration manager is not only an overhead it also leads to galaxy of maintenance & migration problems.

I would like to discuss the feasibility of such request and the pros and corns of such implementations. If we have advantage using role based access we can request IBM to consider this requirement in their subsequent versions through this power full forum.

Thanks & Regards
Narayan Kumar PR
warrenpage
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:38 am    Post subject: Yup Control centre Namespacing and security sucks Reply with quote

Acolyte

Yeah I would concur.. It is not just the security that needs to be changed though. It also needs to allow for a more complex namespace. It needs the ability to have the same flow stored twice so that different users can work on different versions without having to change the name of the flow (eg. some sort of directory or hierarchical structure).

I was in a meeting with IBM marketing where they suggested the Control centre would get an overhaul by the end of the year, without letting me know any specifics.
udaybho
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Recently I learned from one of IBM Sales reprensentative that in near feature Control Center may gets integrated with WSAD as one of the prespective. When they do so we may see better team control.

Uday Bhosle
narayankumarpr
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes warren. You are right. If we can get the functionality similar to clear case or VSS in control center it will do wonders in maintaining the version control on message flows in a shared environment.

This is exactly what I wanted to induce through this forum. Most of us are not happy with the current control center. We need more radical changes in it. If we can bring in our ideas in shaping the controls center, I hope, it will be a very good feedback to IBM.

Thanks & Regards
Narayan Kumar PR

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Access Control on Message Flows
Jump to: