ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » client server concepts...

client server concepts... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mqnivas
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 1:14 am    Post subject: client server concepts... Reply with quote

Hi All,

As I am using MQ series in my project, which only send message to remote system and get the message back from that system.

I would like to know what really MQ series client and server, when we will go in for that client server concept. Because as I mentioned above without this concept I send and get message to and from from the remote system. If this is the case, in what context this client server concept comes into paly.

Also tell me whether I also need any server to be installed for this like (websphere or weblogic).

Looking forward for your help.

Thanks,
Vasu.
bower5932
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

MQSeries gives you two ways to connect to a queue manager. One of them is a local or bindings mode connection. This requires your program to be on the same machine as the actual queue manager.

The other method is a client connection. This requires a network connection from the client machine to the machine where the queue manager is. If this connection goes down, your program won't be able to communicate with MQSeries.

As far as what you need or don't need, you need two things - a machine with a queue manager on it and a machine with the client code on it. You don't need to install an app server.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mqnivas
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:58 pm    Post subject: To follow the client server approach... Reply with quote

Hi bower,

Thaks for your reply. From your post also came to understand that MQSeries does not need any app server. Can you also tell me, instead of connecting to the local Queue Manager, if I need to connect to remote Queue Manager as a client, what all the configuration I need to do, say
1. Do I also need to create the Queue Manager in my machine.
If need not then how do I connect to te remote Queue Manager? Is it by specifiying the IP address of the machine in which the Queue Manager lies in my channel setting. Also tell me any change in the application also required for accessing the Queue.

As I am new to this concept please help me out, if possible also give me the link where I get more info on the client server approach.

Thanks in advance,
Vasu.
amar
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2002 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,
As per Your need Client Server Connection we can use MQI API (for java),Here i shown some of sample code for using java try this one ,Further java API class details you can check with pdf(MQUsingJava.pdf)...

public static void main(String mq[]) {
try
{
String hostName = HOSTNAME(REMOTE)
String channel = SVRCONNECTIONCHANNEL
String qManager = QMGRNAME
String qName = QUEUENAME

MQEnvironment.hostname = hostName ;
MQEnvironment.channel = channel ;
MQEnvironment.properties.put("transport", "MQSeries Client");

MQQueueManager qMgr = new MQQueueManager(qManager) ;

int openOptions = MQC.MQOO_INPUT_SHARED | MQC.MQOO_FAIL_IF_QUIESCING ;

MQQueue queue = qMgr.accessQueue(qName,openOptions,qManager,null,null);
MQGetMessageOptions gmo = new MQGetMessageOptions();

MQMessage inMsg = new MQMessage();
queue.get(inMsg, gmo) ;
String msgString = inMsg.readString(inMsg.getMessageLength());
qMgr.commit();
queue.close();

qMgr.disconnect();
}
catch (MQException ex)
{
}
catch(Exception e) {
}
}
}

regards
amar

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » client server concepts...
Jump to: