ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Message redirection problem

Message redirection problem « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
droussel
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:39 pm    Post subject: Message redirection problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't really have much knowledge about MQSeries and R3/Link, but I am working on a bridge in java between our in-house applications and sap. I am using Java and MQSeries/R3/Link for this.

The problem I have is this:
I have 2 queues, SMQ_INBOUND_QUEUE and SMQ_OUTBOUND_QUEUE.
SMQ_OUTBOUND_QUEUE contains all IDocs (message) sent from SAP and SMQ_INBOUND_QUEUE is used by my app to send message to SAP.

When I run the inbound R3/link and then send a message to SAP (to SMQ_INBOUND_QUEUE), it is ok, but if R3/Link is down, the message sent to INBOUND_QUEUE is redirected in the SMQ_OUTBOUND_QUEUE.

I've tried to send the message to a test queue and the problem does not occur, so I guess there should be a kind of trigger or something on my SMQ_INBOUND_QUEUE, but I can't find anything...

Does anybody knows about a configuration which would cause tthat to occur?

Thanks in advance,
Regards

Dan
muralidhar
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Dan,
One of the reasons might be your message has a expiry time set and you are requesting the report message with outbound queue name as reply to queue name. I would check the message type of the message that is redirected to outbound queue by looking at the message properties.

Murali
arinduer
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I think we can help more if you post the attributes of your inbound and outbound queues.

If it's not too much extra work, I think it's better to put and get from alias queues instead. We do that here because it offers more flexibility (ie. we can set different permissions on several alias queues targeting the same local or remote queue).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Message redirection problem
Jump to: