ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2085 - revisited....

MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2085 - revisited.... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
pjeanne
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2085 - revisited.... Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm a recent user of MQ and am using MQ 5.2 on Solaris and am getting the "MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2085" error when trying to read from a Cluster queue that resides on a remote QM.

The architecture I'm using is :

2 QMs (running on separate servers)
QM1 - Has Cluster Queue "QA" residing on it, with appropriate SVRCONN, RCVR, SDR Channels

QM2 - Has Cluster Queue "QB" residing on it, with appropriate SVRCONN, RCVR, SDR Channels

(SDR, RCVR channels verified as 'Running')

I've configured the application to connect to QM1 through its SVRCONN Channel and using 2 basic Apps I've been able to Put & Get msgs from QA. But I've noticed that if I try to connect to QM1, I can only Put msgs to QB and not retrieve the msgs.

I am not the developer of the 2 java apps, but from what I can tell, they seem to use the standard MQ client libraries.

Just wondering if someone could tell me whether I should or should not be able to Put & Get on QB when connecting up to SVRCONN of QM1?
vjsony
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi PJeanne,

The queue manager that the application connects to is referred to as the local queue manager.

MQGet can only be done from a local queue meaning the queue should belong to the queue manager that the application is connected to ..
That's the rule for MQGet.

MQPut can be done on a queue which may or may not be a local queue.

Regards,
VJ
kolban
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Fortunately, this is an easy one. The golden rule of MQSeries is that you can put a message to a local or remote queue but you can only get messages from a local queue. The clustering doesn't change this story. When you use clustering and you put a message to a cluster shared queue, it is the same as putting a message to a remote queue even though there isn't an explicit queue definition for that remote queue.

You can NEVER get a message from a remote queue manager from a local application.
pjeanne
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2002 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that gents... pretty fundamental concept I see. much to learn.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQJE001: Completion Code 2, Reason 2085 - revisited....
Jump to: