ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Aggr Req-Rply subflow within an Aggr Req-Rply main flow

Aggr Req-Rply subflow within an Aggr Req-Rply main flow « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
AlexeiSkate
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:32 pm    Post subject: Aggr Req-Rply subflow within an Aggr Req-Rply main flow Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

I have an aggregate Request-Reply main flow 'A' that propagates the lines of an input msg in the Request branch and then reassemble the propagated lines back into one msg in the Reply branch.

I have an aggreate Request-Reply msg flow 'B' that perform requests to an external application via an in-house Adapter and then reassemble the reply messages into one message.

Both msg flows work individually. It's when I attach 'B' as a subflow in the request portion of 'A' that I cannot get any reply back from 'A'. I notice that the msg coming from A into B has an MQMD header, but the msg coming out of B back to A no longer has the MQMD header, or at least not the same MQMD header that it came in with. Is there a way for me to save the MQMD before msg goes from A into B and then reattach the MQMD header when msg first returned from B back into A ? I tried using the Environment.Variables.MQMD = InputRoot.MQMD ... but didn't get it to work. I also notice that when the propagated message go into the B request and reply flow, I had to assign the message new MsgId, otherwise I was getting complaint that the msg id already exist. I know this sound confusing, but if someone had implemented something similar and can provide some help, it would be grately appreciated.

-thanks,
Alex
AlexeiSkate
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

I'm propating the lines of a multiple lines message through an Aggregate Request and Reply subflow to retrieve some backend information for each line. Is there a way I can bring all of the propagated lines back into one message after each line has retrieved its backend data without also using an Aggregate Request and Reply implementation on the main message ? That is the current implementation I'm tring to do right now but it can only work for a one line message. In this case I'm physically storing the MQMD structure of the original line when it goes through the top level Aggregate Request flow and then restoring the msg'ss original MQMD when it comes out of the subflow's Aggregate Reply. With more than one lines, there isn't an obvious way to keep track which original MQMD belongs to which returning message in order for the broker to reassemble the original message.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Aggr Req-Rply subflow within an Aggr Req-Rply main flow
Jump to: