ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMQI 2.1 TDWF Handling NULLS

WMQI 2.1 TDWF Handling NULLS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KSkelton
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:05 am    Post subject: WMQI 2.1 TDWF Handling NULLS Reply with quote

Apprentice

I am in the process of rewriting some WMQI NEON parsing flows to use the MRM TDWF format. We send delimited data from Excel spreadsheets through the MRM with a physical format of TDWF.

It appears that the TDWF parsing is dropping any delimited field which is null. I would like to keep the field and have it padded with spaces (in the case of a string).

The MRM documentation and the 2.1 support pack do not seem to address this issue. I've tried a number of different things:

1) Set the "Default NULL Permited" in the Message Set to YES. This did nothing. In fact I cannot really see what this is for. Does anyone know?

2) Added a "Null Permited" Value Contstraint to the element type in the message. Documentation only?

3) So I just reverted back to using my COALESCE statement in the ESQL to handle NULLS and fill in with spaces.

Any other options?
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Post some sample input data, and the matching desired result.
Duncan
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: WMQI 2.1 TDWF Handling NULLS (or not) Reply with quote

I an experiencing the same problem, only worse! Whenever I try to use a repeating element in a delimited message, as soon as the parser hits the first NULL it stops and assumes that there are no more values following the NULL. I've tried (1) and (2) in the original post and they don't seem to help. My message is like this:

FileId<CR><LF>
OrgCode<CR><LF>
Date<CR><LF>
NumberofEnqs<CR><LF>
BatchID<CR><LF>
Repeating Element value 1<CR><LF>
Repeating Element value 2<CR><LF>
Repeating Element value 3<CR><LF>
<CR><LF>
<CR><LF>
Repeating Element value 6<CR><LF>
Repeating Element value 7<CR><LF>
.....and so on ....

The resulting message stops at the third repeating element and discards the rest of the message.
I would like to know how to stop the parser cutting off at the first NULL it hits. I'd also like to know how to replace the NULLs with a value as in the original post.

Any help would be much appreciated
JLRowe
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2002 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

The default null permitted message set parameter and the null permitted constraint are to do with parsing/serializing null values (e.g. Acct=NULL could be parsed so that Acct has a NULL value in the message tree), they have nothing to do with the NUL character in the bitstream.

It appears that the MRM parser has a problem parsing null characters, I would raise this issue with IBM.

As a last resort you could always read the messages in as BLOBS, replace the NUL's and do a reset content descriptor. Alternatively, the NEON parsers handle this stuff quite happily...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMQI 2.1 TDWF Handling NULLS
Jump to: