ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Propagation in MQSIv2.0.1.

Propagation in MQSIv2.0.1. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jgooch
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:52 pm    Post subject: Propagation in MQSIv2.0.1. Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

We're running MQSIv2.0.1 and have a requirement to create a fan-out message flow. This seems the ideal job for the PROPAGATE command, except that it's not available until we migrate to WMQIv2.1.

Basically, we are receiving an XML message such as:-
<messages>
<message>...</message>
<message>...</message>
<message>...</message>
...etc...
<message>...</message>
</messages>

We do not know how many <message> groups there will be but we want to create a separate MQ message for each.

I'm currently experimenting with a message flow that "loops" (argh!) - ie it sends its ouput back into itself until all the <message> groups have been processed (using a tag to contain the index of the group each iteration is to process). This seems a little contact admin to me.

Does anyone have any alternatives?

Thanks,

J.
jgooch
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Well, much as I am averse to coding loops I've got it up and running in a lot less code than I thought (about six lines over three compute nodes and a filter).

Just need to package it up to make it generic and give it to the project team...

J.
tchagan
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

yes you can do it with a loop, it has been explained many times in this forum. The problem in mqsi 2.0.1 is that when you have one message to be split into many messages, the greater the message size and the more messages you send means that at one point your DataFlowEngine will get an out of memory or memory overflow message and crash and burn. If you want to split one message to many then do it before or after the broker.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Propagation in MQSIv2.0.1.
Jump to: