ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » XML messages

XML messages « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MVO
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: XML messages Reply with quote

Centurion

Hi,

I'm running MQSI 2.0.2 on win2000.

I've used the SupportPacs id04 to import a W3C schema. How can you make sure that an XML message input to the queue is properly formatted according to the defined schema ?

My schema defines 2 possible formats for the XML message, i.e. the XML can be of format 1 or format 2. I defined the MQInput node with the following properties:
Domain MRM
Message set: <13-char id assigned by MQSI>
Message type: <the name of the message>
Message Format: CWD

I always failed parsing the XML message. Actually, I imported the sample schema on page 31 of the SupportPacs then tried to process the sample XML message. MQSI failed with the following error:
2002-06-24 11:16:46.359001 3512 ParserException BIP5285E: Message Translation Interface Parsing Errors have occurred.
Errors have occurred during parsing.
Review further error messages for an indication to the cause of the errors.
2002-06-24 11:16:46.359001 3512 ParserException BIP5125E: Error extracting a message from the record oriented bitstream.
The error was encountered while reading the bitstream.
Ensure that the message being passed, is modelled correctly and that the appropriate runtime dictionary and Custom Wire Format information have been deployed successfully.
2002-06-24 11:16:46.359001 3512 ParserException BIP5181E: Custom Wire Format error. Message bitstream smaller than expected: message set 'DJPGB0O08C001'; message 'Address_MSG'; parent element 'MRM'; current element 'xmlns'.
The bitstream of the message being parsed by the MRM parser is smaller than the size expected for a CWF message of that message type.
The message bit stream has been incorrectly constructed. Check that you have packaged the message correctly and set the correct message properties then resubmit the message.

It looks like we can only use the MRM for output ? However, I want to make sure that the input XML message matches my DTD.

Any help will be very appreciated.
TorpedoSTu
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

Althouhg the support pack allows you to define an XML schema or DTD into the MRM, WMQI does not enforce it to conform.

The only safe way I know of doing this is for the putting application to check the outgoing message and the getting application check the incoming message for validity.

This of course complicates the ESQL you need to write.

Sad but true.

Regs

Stuart
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

2.1 CSD 03 will have functionality that will allow you to check structure validity.
dhaksr
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

In WMQI2.1, In the Input Node, Advanced Tab Check the "Validate" flag.
This will validate input messages. Not sure about 2.0.2 though
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Have you seen this working for MRM-XML messages? I though the check box was present but the underlying function was not yet implemented to check the message against the MRM dictionary?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » XML messages
Jump to: