ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » ChannelExit in Java

ChannelExit in Java « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Ting
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: ChannelExit in Java Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know much about MQ server.

I have ChannelExit source codes in C but now I need ChannelExit source codes in Java. Because we are using MQ JAVA so is it true that we use MQ JAVA our ChannelExit must be in Java also?

Pls help me !!

Thank alot

Ting
dgolding
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

...as I said yesterday (post mysteriously deleted ) - just because you are using Java in your application DOESN'T mean that the channel exit has to be in the same language.

I assume that is what you mean. More detail would help - as I understand it you have some sort of application putting messages on a transmit queue sending to another system. This application can be in Java, Cobol, C++, Assembler..... it doesn't affect the operation of the channel exit.

HTH

Last edited by dgolding on Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
gye
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi HTH,

Our situation is that we don't have any MQSeries Client or Server installed on the client side machine. As we know, Java programs just need some jar file, such as ibm.com.mq*.jar, to support the connection to MQserver through SVRCONN channels. In this case, there will not be any MQ software, like MQ Client to support the java programs.

In MQ Java APIs, there do have some objects named as ChannelExit, I wonder whether we have to implement the exit within the Java codes. That will be very bad, because you have to review the java code.
dgolding
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Hi Gye,

Aha! A bit more information - I thought you had a queue manager (server) on your box. Now, I could be totally wrong here, as I don't use client that much .....

... but I would have thought there is no reason why you had to use Java in the channel exit. Is your problem you cannot compile the C code? I assume you are on an NT or 2000 platform. Don't know much about shared objects on those - these are the DLLs, right? On Unix, the dynamically linked objects are .so (shared objects) and can be in any language.

Again, I don't know much about Java, but doesn't it need a JVM program to start it or something? Can you generate DLLs from java code that can be started up from anywhere?

Hope This Helps

Don (my real name)
gye
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Don,

Thanks for your response.

We are on Unix platforms, and can implement ChannelExit successfully with, either MQSeries Client, or MQSeries Server.

MQ Java client can be run only as client program. The basic software it needs are ibm.com.mq.jar & ibm.com.mqbind.jar ( sth. like that). It does NOT need MQSeries Client to be installed, which are /usr/lpp/mqm/lib & bin & samp etc.

The above mentioned MQSeries Client is critical to load the ChannelExit written in C. But since java program will not call MQSeries Client, we are facing the problem of loading ChannelExit of C.

Thanks very much for your help, hope could get more information from you.

George
dgolding
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2002 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Well the Intercommunications Guide has lots of lots of details on how to write and compile channel exits for Unix and other platforms.

Basically:

cc -c exit.c
ld -g exit.o -o exit.so
mv exit.so /var/mqm/exits

there's also at least one long post on this forum about compiling channel exits.

Have fun!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » ChannelExit in Java
Jump to: