ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQSeries v5.2 on W2K

MQSeries v5.2 on W2K « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jhalstead
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:42 am    Post subject: MQSeries v5.2 on W2K Reply with quote

Master

Hi I need to set up MQ on W2K where the user wants to have a stand by machine for a manual swap of the disks array. So each machine will have a static C drive and another drive which can be physically moved around...

Now fair enough I can put the Data and Object files on the swapable disk array, but won't a great deal of info be stored in the regestry [eqivalent of mqs.ini and qm.ini] on the local static C drive? Has anyone any suggestions as to how this would work? Might is just be the case of exporting and transfering a section of the regestry?

Thanks in advance

Jamie
dgolding
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Hi Jamie,

Maybe this will work:

Do a crtmqm on BOTH machines with the queue manager object being on the correct drive. I.E. machines A has queue manager on removable disk X, machine B has queue manager on removable disk Y. Then delete (NOT dltmqm) the one you don't want. To test, insert the disk with the "real" queue manager on the stand-by machine, and see if it comes up.

By this means you will make the registry settings ready on both machines. AFAIK This is mostly static data, I can't see any dynamic stuff that might change.

So, here's my list of caveats:

No guarantee this will work, please test

Upgrading the MQ release will be a bit of a nightmare, unless you keep the code on the same disk. Even then you have to watch out for registry changes specific to this release, like new parameters;

What happens on the standby machine when it gets booted, and thinks it has a queue manager to start, and hasn't?

I'm assuming things like Regedit and Services are similar on W2K as they are for NT. Well, they were going to call it NT5 until the marketeers get hold of it

HTH

Don

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » MQSeries v5.2 on W2K
Jump to: