ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ CLUSTER and MQ CLIENT JAVA

MQ CLUSTER and MQ CLIENT JAVA « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: MQ CLUSTER and MQ CLIENT JAVA Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
I am trying to write a java program to connect to the MQ cluster and wanted try out some fail overs.
Can anybody hows experienced in the coding side give me a helping hand to code in java for testing. i am successful in creating cluster QM and Qs in Win 2K MQServer , even adding a remote QM via the MQ explorer. but really i would appreciate how to test for failovers and sample codes to test them esp in JAVA would be greatly appreciated.

Kavitha
IBM Certified System Administrator
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Hi,

- First, you create your Java with a basic fail-over scenario.
- Second, you post the code to the MQ forum (working code only please).
- Third, we will critic your code and give you pointers (we will do a virtual walk-thru).

later
Roger...
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I am using the c/samples amqsput.exe to for testing. But i have no idea how to test for failovers. so pls suggest me something to test for fail over or any kinda codes available also wat i should do.
i am using WIN 2K and MQSeries Server 5.2 with no CSD pacs. Your timely help for me would be greatly appreciated.

Kavitha
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com
nanda_mq
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,
what are u trying ? Is it QM cluster on single machine or Are u trying clustering of QM on different servers on Different machines?
If you are trying QMcluster on single machine no problem just use the sample programs given amqsput.exe for fail over test. just you have to set all the settings properly for clustering...
automatically it will show you the clustering effect how it acts. just what you have to do is just down the QM (primary one) you can see the message routed to cluster queue. try it out...

all the best
nanda
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kavithadhevi
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Hi,
Thanks for your reply . We found that it helps a lot in the point of Local Remote Qmgrs point of view but it wont be helpful for failovers of QMgrs ie, if one QMgr is not available then move to another. i couldnt see it happen, is it possible, can u share the views with me.
also i am trying as my object is to access QMgrs from diffrent servers, another way it could be achieved as per the forums is using the TAB files in the env var , so i am trying hard to make that work, but i m getting 2058 error , even though i followed the steps which were suggested.
so pls if you have any ideas, pls suggest me.
i need to know how all i could achieve access multiple Qmgrs from differnet servers in one place and also to make automate move if one Qmgr is not available to the next.

Kavitha
Websphere MQ v 5.3
www.zealphoenix.com

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ CLUSTER and MQ CLIENT JAVA
Jump to: