ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » What is in AMQRSYNA.DAT file?

What is in AMQRSYNA.DAT file? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mitches9
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 6:24 am    Post subject: What is in AMQRSYNA.DAT file? Reply with quote

Novice

I have scoured the manuals for this and come up with naught other than that this file contains channel sync info. Can someone please tell me:

1. What info is contained in this file,
2. in what format (structure),
3. and under what circumstances the file would change or be updated?

Thanks to any and all replies,
Steve
StefanSievert
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 9:25 am    Post subject: Re: What is in AMQRSYNA.DAT file? Reply with quote

Partisan

mitches9 wrote:
I have scoured the manuals for this and come up with naught other than that this file contains channel sync info. Can someone please tell me:

1. What info is contained in this file,
2. in what format (structure),
3. and under what circumstances the file would change or be updated?

Thanks to any and all replies,
Steve

Steve,
you probably won't find anything more detailed anywhere, but you are right on the money. Here's my take on your questions:

1/ The file contains channel synchronisation info, ie. information the queue manager (or the MCA processes) need to assure delivery of messages. I suspect that the file contains channel names, IP addresses, last sequence number received, LUWID's and probably other stuff
2/ Hmmm, binary I would think... Seriously, it is an internal file and I do not think that the structure is known outside Hursley, because you shouldn't mess with it anyway.
3/ I am just guessing here, but I would think that the file gets modified
a - when a channel gets created or started for the first time
b - when a channel ends (to harden the last MSGSEQNO?)
c - probably in between a and b, although I doubt it.

On the mainframe, this info is kept in a queue called SYSTEM.CHANNEL.SYNCQ and I thought that they changed the distributed platforms to use a queue, too. But I can't remember.

Why are you so interested in the structure and content of this file?
Stefan
mitches9
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the reply Stefan. I'm interested in this file because we've recently seen a large number of channel system errors that identify this file as the cause of the error.

We have a large userbase of 6500+, all running Windows NT 4.0 SP6 and MQSeries for Windows 2.1. Each machine runs as a client, but has 2.1 because at the time our systems were designed we needed Queue Managers on the workstations to maintain a fat client capable of asynchronous communication.

We've been able to resolve the System Errors only by recreating the MQSeries objects on the affected systems. If I had some way to verify the integrity of the AMQRSYNA.DAT file, I might get more insight into what has caused the error.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » What is in AMQRSYNA.DAT file?
Jump to: