ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ-Triggers - Remote applications

MQ-Triggers - Remote applications « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
amphibean
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
If anyone has a better way of doing this I would appreciate a response.

If the appserver and the messaging server are on two different boxes, Ex: Msg server on a Unix box and App server (websphere in this case) on an NT box, and if we want to run the application using MQ triggers, how do you guys do it?

I think having some local program(Java etc.,) to run on the MQserver, locally, which in turn calls the required application on the NT app server (websphere) is the solution. Is there a better solution? Like can the trigger call for example a servlet on the remote application server through HTTP?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
NeilCasey
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I would have thought that you would run the trigger monitor application, which reads the INITQ, as a client application on the app server. It is then able to start the application process easily (it is just a local start process in the native environment). If you need to able able to start the application on several app servers, you could run multiple triger monitors. I have seen this done in the OS/390 environment with CICS regions, but not using client connection.

I haven't looked to see if IBM has a client version of the trigger monitor, but you could check this (look for support packs as well) or otherwise write your own trigger monitor.

Neil Casey
amphibean
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2001 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Neil,
Thanks for the response. Yeah.. that could be done. But we do not want to run anything that is outside the JVM of the application server. If we run a trigger monitor in the application server to check MQ, then we need to run that separately from the JVM (the instance of the application server in which our application is residing) as an external program.
We are looking for ways to run that within the JVM. Like putting the logic in a servlet. We can do a time-triggered servlet to check the messages at regular intervals and then go to sleep in between. But this again creates a lot of scenarios to handle for.. like MQ server being down and all those.
So we are looking at ways in which we could trigger a servlet or like.. on the app server (within the application JVM) through HTTP when there are messages.
And when you said writing our own trigger monitor what did you mean? Is it the same as having a time bound application checking for the messages and then going to sleep? If not I would appreciate if you could send me an example trigger monitor (custom written) in Java or any other language.
Any responses or direction in this matter is appreciated.
Thanks!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQ-Triggers - Remote applications
Jump to: