ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Need help with setup

Need help with setup « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tordille
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:10 am    Post subject: Need help with setup Reply with quote

Hello All,

We are working on an application to put messages to a remote queue and just receive the messages back. We are having problems connecting to a remote queue manager. Can anyone help? We are using Windows NT and the client app will just be calling the remote queue via TCP/IP.

Thanks,
Tom Ordille
Ward
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

What return code are you getting ? And on which call CONNECT/OPEN/PUT ? And are you using client or server bindings ?

ward
muralidhar
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Check your channel connection name for correct IP address or hostname and port number of the remote queue manager you are trying to connect.
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

If you're using MQPMO_SYNCPOINT option remember to do a MQCMIT before you do the MQGET, otherwise I can tell you the reason code is 2033 ! Because you don't send the message until you do the MQCMIT.

I've get one or two calls a week regarding this topic from our developers....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tordille
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 2:50 am    Post subject: MQSeries Setup Reply with quote

Actually I'm having trouble just getting things set up. The help files are of no help. Here is the senario. There is a Queue set up for us on a remote machine. The machine is located on the same network however we are not in the same domain. We will be sending messages to the queue through VB. My real question is do we need I first need to add their queue manager to the explorer and add a listener under services or can I just do all that programatticaly through VB?

We've only been working with MQSeries for 2 days.
oz1ccg
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2002 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

First to understand your problem.. you are using MQSeries Client for the connection to the QueueManager, and you are talking about a remote queue ? hmm, sounds a bit strange ?

The queue you want to receive data from shall reside on the queue manager your application is connected to (including via MQSeries Client)!

What about if you try the sample programs (I allways use them for testing the client setup) amqsputc and amqsgetc. Try put a message to your reply queue and then get it again, when this work, try sending a message to the request ("remote queue")....

And you have offcause set MQSERVER=channel_name/TCP/destination_addr(mq_port) correctly

I hope this might help you a bit further.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Need help with setup
Jump to: