ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » W2k MQSeries 5.2

W2k MQSeries 5.2 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
goodc
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2001 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using MQSeries 5.1 successfully for some time. I am now trying to test MQSeries 5.2 on a Windows 2000 machine

(SP2)but whenever I create a new queue manager (either by using MQSeries Explorer or by the dos batch file I prefer to use),

the MMC (1.2) MQSeries Services stops working (doesn't show any QM's).

The same problem occurs regardless of whether CSD01 for 5.2 is installed or not.

The following messages from the W2k Event Viewer Application log seem relevent :

1) When trying to start the new queue manager :

Error code 20 starting sydausweb03_BackEndQueueManager/Command Server MQSeries service.

The MQSeries service was unable to start sydausweb03_BackEndQueueManager/Command Server. The error message reported was as

follows : Process could not be started - return code 20.

I haven't been able to find any info that helps with this except that this is error AMQ7880.

2) Access to performance data was denied to MUSR_MQADMIN as attempted from C:PROGRA~1MQSeriesbinENDMQM.exe

I don't understand this at all either - what is it doing and why doesn't it have permissions to do this ?

If I try and stop the IBM MQSeries service using Control Panel, Services :

Could not stop the IBM MQSeries service on Local Computer.

Error 1067 : The process terminiated unexpectedly.

Event Viewer shows :

An unexpected return code, '10', was returned by command 'RUNMQCHI -qSYSTEM.CHANNEL.INITQ -mQM_sydausweb03'. This command

was issued by the MQSeries service for queue manager 'QM_sydausweb03'.

If I delete the queue manager so that only the default queue manager exists, the MMC MQSeries Services starts working again.

Has anyone come across this problem before or can anyone give me some suggestions about how to overcome ?

[ This Message was edited by: goodc on 2001-06-27 21:16 ]
Cliff
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2001 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

One of my colleagues had similar problems after upgrading from 5.1 to 5.2. Did you notice that the error message stating 'RUNMQCHI -qSYSTEM.CHANNEL.INITQ -mQM_sydausweb03' failed is syntactically incorrect? There should be a space between -q and SYSTEM.CHANNEL.INITQ so no wonder it failed! Other problems included being unable to start a listener, but I can't remember if this was from the Services GUI, the command line or both.

I think the fix is to uninstall, make sure the registry is clean, and start from scratch. Personally, I run 5.2 on W2K with no problems, but mine was a fresh install.

Good luck!

Cliff
goodc
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2001 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff, Thanks for the advise.

I'm not sure now if I de-installed 5.1 then loaded 5.2, or just upgraded 5.1 to 5.2.

I have just tried uninstalling 5.2, reinstall then uninstall 5.1, then reinstall 5.2. Same problem still exists.

I'm not sure what I can do to make the registry clean. I don't think you should use regclean on W2k. I'm not quite ready yet to totally reinstall the machine to get around this problem. Hopefully we can arange some help from IBM but this seems to be a long drawn out process. Thanks...
goodc
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2002 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also been able to upgrade 5.1 to 5.2.1 and get over my previous problems with 5.2.
I also tried to get 5.2 with CSD04 working but had the same problems.
5.2.1 is W2k Compatible using Windows Installer and must do a better job of cleaning up registry entries (such as MMC node types).

It's a shame IBM doesn't share the solutions to problems with it's products unless you have a support agreement. I found lots of examples of similar problems on it's web site but could not view the solutions.

This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. The first time was VERY embarassing as I was at a client's site and could not fix a problem, although I could again see other examples of the same problem on the IBM website.

Of course above gripe is my opinion, not necessarily shared by my employer.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » W2k MQSeries 5.2
Jump to: