ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » newbie : Waiting for Communication when Debugging

newbie : Waiting for Communication when Debugging « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
chrisjonmcdonald
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if this is dumb - I am relatively new to this.

Sometimes when I create a message flow and then attempt to debug it, when I start the debugger it pops up a dialog box which says "Waiting for communication". The only thing I know about this is that the flow does not work.

Sometimes I am using database connections and sometimes not. What is common is that I am defining all my messages input nodes Message Domain as XML (and then sending XML messages to the queue of course).

Can someone explain what this actually means - what communication am I waiting on and is there something in common wrong with these message flows.

Thanks - and apologies once again if this is a turkey question (but I feel like a turkey right now).

=====================
Chris
CodeCraft
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Can we assume you have successfully deployed the flow and have an actual working broker?

At exactly what point do you get the message?

Have you tried to reduce the problem by deploying a flow with just input/output nodes and no significant processing?

Are you putting a message to the problem flow to make it start?

Do you have any NT event log messages (application log)?

Are you running anything that could affect the operation of sockets between your Control Centre and Broker (personal firewall, socks, etc)?

I think this needs more problem definition before someone can help out.

Sorry if these are KinderGarten questions but I'm not sure how far you've got with it!
suneelsh
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

this could also exist because there is some exception condition detected...which could nt be handled by the debugger. so it keeps waiting for connection to the debugger.

try to see where in your message flow this exception might be generated.esp compute node or rcd

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » newbie : Waiting for Communication when Debugging
Jump to: