ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » ICS \ Problem with subscription 20026 [Solved]

ICS \ Problem with subscription 20026 [Solved] « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hopsala
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: ICS \ Problem with subscription 20026 [Solved] Reply with quote

Guardian

Hi, i'm new to ICS, so forgive the possible impending triviality of things to come. I have read the lit repeatedly, both info-center and the redbook with no success.

Scenario: getting an event from an event table using the JDBC adapter, and tracing a few messages with the data of the BO. (this is not the full scenario, but only the part with which I have the prob)

I have two BO: GBO1 and ASBO1, and a map called ASBO1_to_GBO1, I think their names say it all.

I've created an adapter instance, and it draws the events from the event table:
The connector is configured so that both ASBO1 and GBO1 are in the "supported bo" list, and "agent supports" is marked for ASBO1 only.
Associated maps I marked "explicit binding" to ASBO1 and chose the map ASBO1_to_GBO1.

The collaboration template is set to work with GBO1 on the in port, and the collab object is bound to my JDBC adapter.

The event table is populated using a db trigger with OBJECT_NAME="ASBO1".

All this is exactly by the book, but something seems to be wrong, since it could never work:
When I activate both the collab and the adapter, the collab subscribes to my adapter with GBO1.Retrieve (and GBO1.Create etc), but the event line in the database, as said earlier, says OBJECT_NAME="ASBO1" and thus I get a "20026 unsubscribed event from application".
Thing is, if I put in the events as OBJECT_NAME="GBO1" no map is activated.

What is it that i'm missing here?
hopsala
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

Well, solved it. Thing is, I usually post problems only after i've tried to solve them myself for at least two days, even if their urgent, so sometimes I am closer to the solution than I thought.

I solved it by:
A. create a reverse map GBO1_to_ASBO1, I don't know why this is necessary, since I am not using the adapter to write to db, but without this it wouldn't work.
B. re-created everything from scratch, in the exact same way described.
C. deleted everything that was on the ICS.
D. rebooted the server.
E. deployed everything I just created.

all this solved it, god knows why.
djeripo
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Few questions,

Quote:
The collaboration template is set to work with GBO1 on the in port, and the collab object is bound to my JDBC adapter.

You have bound the 'From' port to JDBC Connector on Collab Object.What about 'To' port?Did you bind that to any connector?

Quote:
but the event line in the database, as said earlier, says OBJECT_NAME="ASBO1" and thus I get a "20026 unsubscribed event from application".
Thing is, if I put in the events as OBJECT_NAME="GBO1" no map is activated.

Could you elaborate this part a bit more.What do you mean by 'event line in the DataBase''?

Quote:

A. create a reverse map GBO1_to_ASBO1, I don't know why this is necessary, since I am not using the adapter to write to db, but without this it wouldn't work.

Where does this fit in your overall development of ICS interface?

To tell you,It is not mandatory to have maps.You can make your colloboration running without any maps and also if you want to test one sample scenario(Rather Pass Thru) one BO is enough.
hopsala
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

I shall answer in order of requests.

1. I do not have a "to" port, it's just a test collab, so I kept it simple.

2. Well, JDBC adapter can trigger a collaboration object to begin working using events in the database. You set the application table to execute an sql when it is changed, and in the sql you add a line to the event table. The event table has a specific format, one of the columns being the key of the row in the application table.
The JDBC adapter polls the event table every, say, 10 secs (you can change the pollfrequency) and then takes whatever event lines he sees, draws the appropriate line from the appl table, and voila! you may build a database propagation flow.

3. that's the point, apparently there's no need for the reverse table, since all i'm doing is drawing *from* the table, so I only need ASBO1_to_GBO1. However, as stated, until I added the reverse map it wouldn't work. I have no idea why, but am beginning to get used to ICS's curiocities.

Don't know if you already knew all this, hopefully that answered you qs.

I have a q, though: did you not find this product to be especially bad? I think it is an unnecessary concept with bad design and worse documentation, and I am especially cross at IBM for advertising that it is the same as WBI, while it is an entirely diff product. I wonder if ppl know this.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Interchange Server + Adapters » ICS \ Problem with subscription 20026 [Solved]
Jump to: