ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » SOAP Input + SOAP Reply

SOAP Input + SOAP Reply « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mapa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: SOAP Input + SOAP Reply Reply with quote

Master

I am experience problems with a newly deployed flow in WMB 7.0.0.3 on AIX. I've tried to load test it in QA and didn't experience any problems, however the load in production is far higher than I could simulate.

The flows used are:
Request flow:
Code:

SOAPInputNode --out--> SOAP Extract --> trace --> esql mapping, SOAP reply identifier is mapped to MQMD.msgid --> MQOutputNode

Failure, Catch and Timeout is not connected (should generate a SOAP Fault)

Response flow:
Code:

MQInputNode --> error handling subflow --> trace --> esql, MQMD.CorrelId is mapped to SOAP ReplyIdentifier --> SOAPReplyNode

There seem to be two types of errors happening that causes the reply flow to more or less stop processing the responses and only remedy to solve it is to clear the reply queue (causing multiple requests to fail)

Error symptom 1:
Quote:

An error has occurred, message left for broker default retry handling (exception='Label=, Text=ERROR, Handle Timed-out, Number=3743, Catalog=BIPmsgs, Text1=534f41500000000300000000000000310000000000019fc3, Text2=SOAP, Text3=ReplyIdentifier')

Error symptom 2:
Quote:

An error has occurred, message left for broker default retry handling (exception='Label=, Text=ERROR, Handle Reused after reply sent., Number=3742, Catalog=BIPmsgs, Text1=534f41500000001c000000000000002b0000000000019fc3, Text2=SOAP, Text3=ReplyIdentifier')
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Both Error Symptoms are showing the same thing from a different Point of View.

I think your SOAP Request is timing out. (error 1) THEN sometime later the MQ reply is received and the flow can't send the SOAP reply back to the caller because the reply ID has already been used(error 2).

Solution?

The most obvious is to increae the timeout of the initial call. however this migh have other knock on effects.

you could look at increasing the number of instances of the MQ part.i.e. the thing that takes the message from the outputQ, does some work and sends the reply back for the return leg of the SOAP-MQ/MQ-SOAP operation.

Did you try loading it in your Test system with a tool like Load-UI? This may help.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Esa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Yes,

it seems the request rate is exhausting the endpoint service. So the ultimate solution is to make it faster by scaling it up. If that is not possible, you can for example

- make sure that request message expiration time is a little shorter than SOAPInput nodes timeout.
- decrease the number of instances of your SOAPInput or request flow
- put a DataPower in front of your service facade to act as an SLA throttle
- rewrite the request flow so that it performs slower

Last edited by Esa on Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
mapa
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Yes, I used Load-UI in test and with a lot of different options and the avg response time is around 400 milliseconds.

Difference is that in production there is heavy traffic in other flows in the same EG as well, in the test environment I only load tested the actual integration while there is modest traffic in the other flows.

I guess that it would be a good idea to have similar timeouts in requesting application as in the flow, just found out that the requesting application (SAP R/3) has a timeout of 2 seconds while the WMB flow has 10 seconds.

The back-end who processes the MQ messages and produces the responses are a legacy iSeries ERP written in RPG.

Maybe it would help use additional instances on the reply flow?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » SOAP Input + SOAP Reply
Jump to: