ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » bar file created with mqsipackagebar does not work

bar file created with mqsipackagebar does not work « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
lium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: bar file created with mqsipackagebar does not work Reply with quote

Disciple

Hi, I created a simple message flow, which has an MQInput and an MQOutput and one compute node. The compute node will simply copy the whole message. I used this to verify how the mqsipackagebar works, however, it disappointed me.

First I was able to create a bar file with mqsipackagebar with command as:

<target name="package" description="--> runs mqsipackagbar from an ant task">
<echo message="Packaging Broker Archive file: ${bar.name} " />
<java classname="com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererBAR"
failonerror="true" fork="true">
<arg value="-a" />
<arg value="${bar.name}" />
<arg value="-w" />
<arg value="${workspaces.dir}" />
<arg value="-o" />
<arg value="xxxxMessageFlow\xxx\xxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.msgflow" />
<arg value="xxxxMessageFlow\xxx\xxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.esql" />
<classpath>
<fileset dir="${build.home}">
<include name="*.jar"/>
</fileset>
</classpath>
</java>
</target>

I faked the customer info with xxx

It indeed generated the bar, however, opened with bar editor, I could only see the esql and .msgflow( note, not the .cmf)

The bar was able to deploy to runtime, and I was able to see the esql and .msgflow, however, the queue has never been up(ipprocs remains 0). Any message in the MQInput could not be routed to MQOutput.

If I built the bar with mqsicreatebar or the toolkit, I was able to see the MQInput and MQOutput under the message flow, and I could configure the attributes for them. With mqsipackage command, I was not able to do that since they are invisible.

Could any one give me any suggestion what is wrong with the mqsipackagebar?

Thanks,
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Don't start with Ant. Start with the command line. Once you know the parms needed from the command line, transpose those parms to Ant.
lium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

It does not make difference since I also verified the command line as the following. It ran into the same problem:

C:\"Program Files"\IBM\MQSI\8.0.0.1\bin\mqsipackagebar.bat -w C:\xxx\workspace8 -a C:\xxx\xxx.bar -o XXXXMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.msgflow XXXXMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.esql

Also if I opened it with bar editor, from "Command for packaging the BAR Content", it will show the command the tips,which is as:

mqsipackagebar -a <barName> -w <rootLocation> -o xxxxMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.msgflow xxxxMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.esql

FYI, I am using the trial version, does it matter?
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

lium wrote:
It does not make difference since I also verified the command line as the following. It ran into the same problem:

C:\"Program Files"\IBM\MQSI\8.0.0.1\bin\mqsipackagebar.bat -w C:\xxx\workspace8 -a C:\xxx\xxx.bar -o XXXXMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.msgflow XXXXMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.esql

Also if I opened it with bar editor, from "Command for packaging the BAR Content", it will show the command the tips,which is as:

mqsipackagebar -a <barName> -w <rootLocation> -o xxxxMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.msgflow xxxxMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.esql

FYI, I am using the trial version, does it matter?

Collect MustGather documentation and open a PMR, if you believe the command line invocation is misbehaving. Is there nothing you can tweak on the command line that would affect the outcome?
lium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I think the command line is correct, after all, it generated the bar file with the following response

Successfully added file 'CCTPMessageFlow\xxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.msgflow' to the broker archive.
Successfully added file 'xxxxMessageFlow\xxxx\xxxx\com\ClaimsInquiry.esql' to the broker archive.
BIP1845I: Command completed successfully.

However, I added -v to the command, and got:

com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.PropertyCompiler.getNodePropertyCompilerClass() threw an exception: com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.propertycompilers.ComIbmMQInputNode. Stack trace follows.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.propertycompilers.ComIbmMQInputNode
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:172)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.PropertyCompiler.getNodePropertyCompilerClass(PropertyCompiler.java:314)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererInternalCMF.addNode(FlowRendererInternalCMF.java:193)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererInternalCMF.renderMessageFlowAsString(FlowRendererInternalCMF.java:128)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererInternalCMF.toByteArray(FlowRendererInternalCMF.java:61)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.Flow.<init>(Flow.java:51)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererInternalBAR.toByteArray(FlowRendererInternalBAR.java:193)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererInternalBAR.toInputStream(FlowRendererInternalBAR.java:447)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererInternalBAR.write(FlowRendererInternalBAR.java:378)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererBAR.write(FlowRendererBAR.java:103)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.CommandProcessor.packageBAR(CommandProcessor.java:423)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.CommandProcessor.process(CommandProcessor.java:339)
at com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.FlowRendererBAR.main(FlowRendererBAR.java:169)

2012-09-17 12:42:43.0562 main........... } com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.PropertyCompiler.getNodePropertyCompilerClass() null
2012-09-17 12:42:43.0562 main........... i: Class not found for node compiler so using generic compiler

There are a couple of such errors

Any suggestion?
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

lium wrote:
Any suggestion?

PMR. Always a solid choice.
lancelotlinc
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Looks like a bug to me. Collect MustGather docs and open a PMR.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21209857
lium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Can anybody tell if he ever had the happy experience with mqsipackagebar?
rekarm01
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: bar file created with mqsipackagebar does not work Reply with quote

Grand Master

lium wrote:
Code:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.propertycompilers.ComIbmMQInputNode
   at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:172)

ClassNotFoundException usually indicates a problem with the classpath, or missing jarfile(s). Make sure to configure the environment as documented.
lium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I ran the command on my laptop with message broker runtime installed.

I open a command console to run this command.

Do I also have to setup something ?

Tx
lium
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

I searched the whole directory for the message broker for
not found Class com.ibm.broker.config.appdev.propertycompilers.ComIbmMQInputNode
However, I could not find it.
I searched the same from toolkit version 8, and I could not also find it.

From the name, it suggests it might be in the same jar file in the ConfigManagerProxy.jar, however, from that jar file, I was able to find class as FlowRendererBAR.class, however, not ComIbmMQInputNode.class.

Can I say I don't have the right jar file from the runtime?

I am using trial version 8.0.0.1.

Thanks,
marko.pitkanen
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

Hi lium,

First of all I have to say that I have not used this command yet, but the documentations says:

Quote:
Resources that you add to a BAR file by using the mqsipackagebar command are not compiled when they are added. To deploy a BAR file that you create by using this command, you must add deployable resources to the BAR file. For example, if you want to include Java code or message sets in your BAR file, you must first compile these files before you use the mqsipackagebar command to add them to your BAR file. To compile these resources, see Compiling resources for the mqsipackagebar command. You cannot include both the compiled (.cmf) and source (.msgflow) versions of a message flow in a BAR file.

By default files with only the following extensions are included in the BAR file: .xsdzip, .tblxmi, .xsd, .wsdl, .dictionary, .xsl, .xslt, .xml, .jar, .inadapter, .outadapter, .insca, .outsca, .php, .idl, .map, .esql, .msgflow, and .subflow. You can specify the -i option to include files with any extension.

--
Marko
rekarm01
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: bar file created with mqsipackagebar does not work Reply with quote

Grand Master

lium wrote:

Double-check that the classpath references WMBv8001 jarfiles, not WMBv8000. If following all the instructions for configuring the environment, step by step, does not resolve the issue, then open a PMR.
lium
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks, Marko.
This is not compiled resources issue such as java project or message set. As I said, I only includes a message flow with ESQL. I read a document about the "What is new in message broker" for version 8 as following. From which I can tell the mqsipackagebar supports .msgflow and .esql directly, you don't have to get them compiled to .cmf before they are recognized.

Simplified BAR creation from the command line
– New mqsipackagebar command focuses on BAR packaging rather than compiling
• Ability to deploy WMB assets as source means that compile (mqsicreatebar) is no longer required
• Specify applications, libraries and files (JARs etc.) to add to BAR
• Toolkit option to compile message sets for mqsipackagebar
– Easy to take advantage of; a minor modification to existing scripts, e.g.
1. cvs checkout ...
2. mqsipackagebar –a MY.BAR –o my.msgflow my.dfdl my.esql
3. mqsiapplybaroverride ...
4. mqsideploy ...
– Complements MBExplorer / MB Toolkit / CMP deployment
– Available on all broker platforms
– Old mqsicreatebar command retained for compatibility

Quote:
Resources that you add to a BAR file by using the mqsipackagebar command are not compiled when they are added. To deploy a BAR file that you create by using this command, you must add deployable resources to the BAR file. For example, if you want to include Java code or message sets in your BAR file, you must first compile these files before you use the mqsipackagebar command to add them to your BAR file. To compile these resources, see Compiling resources for the mqsipackagebar command. You cannot include both the compiled (.cmf) and source (.msgflow) versions of a message flow in a BAR file.

By default files with only the following extensions are included in the BAR file: .xsdzip, .tblxmi, .xsd, .wsdl, .dictionary, .xsl, .xslt, .xml, .jar, .inadapter, .outadapter, .insca, .outsca, .php, .idl, .map, .esql, .msgflow, and .subflow. You can specify the -i option to include files with any extension.

--
Marko[/quote]
lium
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Re: bar file created with mqsipackagebar does not work Reply with quote

Disciple

Thanks for the tip.
When I installed the upgrade 8.0.0.1, I indeed installed it in a separate directory rather than overwriting the existing directory. This is something I am going to try.
However, what I confused me is I could not find such class for both installation directory 8.0.0.0 and 8.0.0.1

rekarm01 wrote:
lium wrote:

Double-check that the classpath references WMBv8001 jarfiles, not WMBv8000. If following all the instructions for configuring the environment, step by step, does not resolve the issue, then open a PMR.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » bar file created with mqsipackagebar does not work
Jump to: