ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » [Solved] Wierd problem in clustering...

[Solved] Wierd problem in clustering... « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
smaram1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:01 pm    Post subject: [Solved] Wierd problem in clustering... Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

I am facing a simple issue in clustering and i am unable to figure that out. Here is the scenario.

I have total of 4 Queue Managers on two machines. 2 Queue Managers on each machine. Say QM1, QM2 on first machine and QM3 and QM4 in second machine.

I have repositories on QM1 and QM3 and both have receiver and sender channels pointing to each other.

QM2 and QM4 are normal queue managers and i have receiver-sender channels from QM2 --> QM1 and QM4 --> QM3. As for as my understanding on cluster goes, this should be enough for clustering.

When i look for DIS CLUSQMGR(*) on QM1, i am seeing QM1, QM2 and QM3. I dont see QM4.

It looks like
QM1 and QM3 are seen since they both have repositories connected and hence know each other.
QM2 is seen since they r on same machines. I dont see QM4. There is some thing i am missing.

Simillarly the same thing happens on other machine. when i see DIS CLUSQMGR(*) on QM3, i am seeing QM3, QM4 and QM1 but i dont see QM2.

SOME MORE INFO TO DEBUG:

cluster-receive and sender channels on QM1 and QM3 are both running.

cluster-sender channel is running for QM2 and QM4 but cluster-receiver channel is INACTIVE. Is this the problem?

I am trying to stop it and it says STOPPED and when try to start it, it says INACTIVE again. When i look at the Channel Status Type it says SAVED from MQ explorer.

Please let me know if you guys have any idea on what i am doing wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Suresh
smaram1
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: some more info Reply with quote

Novice

when i try to refresh cluster for each QM,

for QM1 and QM3, when i do this

REFRESH CLUSTER (VIZIONAL_CLUSTER),

i am getting

07/09/03 18:40:00 Channel program started.

which is good.

for QM2 and QM4, i dont see this message which means the cluster receiver-sender channels are not working...right?

Also i explicitly created CLUSRCVR and CLUSSDR channels from QM2 --> QM1, QM4 --> QM3 and QM1 --> QM3.

Hope this info gives more idea.

Suresh
EddieA
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

From the manual:

Quote:
Use DISPLAY CLUSQMGR to display information about cluster channels for queue managers in a cluster

So, unless the Cluster has had a reason to auto generate a channel between QM3 and QM4 I wouldn't expect to see one based on your first post. Not sure why they wouldn't show up after an explicit definition though.

Try creating a clustered queue on QM3 or QM4 and then take a look.

Cheers,
smaram1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Thanks for the reply Eddie.

Infact i already created several queues and it never updated.

I am pretty sure the channels are getting messed up and as far as i am seeing SYNTAX and Parameters that i am using for creating channels are perfect.

When i run the command

REFRESH CLUSTER (CLUSTER_NAME) for all QM's, i am seeing this message

07/09/03 18:40:00 Channel program started.

only for QM1 and QM3. This concludes that channels for QM2 and QM4 are wrong. Am i intrepreting this correctly?

Any other advices?

Thanks
Suresh
smaram1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

There were channels problems and that was causing. Thanks for your time and everything looks fine now.

Thanks
Suresh

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » [Solved] Wierd problem in clustering...
Jump to: