ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Mercator cannot connect to MQ in HPUX

Mercator cannot connect to MQ in HPUX « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
kmsim
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Currently i have MQSeries Server 5.2 installed on a HPUX (11i) box. All the mqm files belongs to the mqm id and mqm group.

I have another product Mercator 5.0 install in the same box under the user id happy belonging to the group happyAll.

When i include the happy id into the mqm group, i am able to connect to the queue and send the message(s) to the queue. However, the solution desired is that the happy id should not be included in the mqm group.

Which of the permission(s) (applicable only to the mqm executables or mqm configuration) should i give to the happy id so that i can put messages on the queue ?

Thanks and regards
Sim

[ This Message was edited by: kmsim on 2001-11-18 20:42 ]
kolban
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I don't think your problem relates to Unix file system security rather to the inbuilt MQSeries security. Each queue on the queue manager has access permissions which allow/disallow activities based on which Unix group your user is a member off. By default, the "mqm" group is allowed full access. It sounds that your "happy" user should be made part of a new Unix group that is authorized to access the queues of interest. See the MQSeries commands dspmqaut and setmqaut for more details on displaying and setting MQ security attributes. I would also take the time to read in detail the MQ security model. Don't forget to restart the queue manager if you add/remove a user to/from a group.
kmsim
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi kolban,

Have follow ur suggestions and grant the
happy id and happyAll group id all permissions

setmqaut -m QueueManager -t qmgr -p happy +all
setmqaut -m QueueManager -t qmgr -g happyAll +all

setmqaut -m QueueManager -n QueueName -t q -p happy +all
setmqaut -m QueueManager -n QueueName -t q -g happyAll +all

When i attempt to run the program(Mercator map) to insert a new message, the program (Mercator map), hangs. But if the queue manager is down, the program (Mercator map) issues a error that the queue manager is down

Hence, what could have been wrong?

regards
Sim

[ This Message was edited by: kmsim on 2001-11-18 23:02 ]
kolban
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Without knowing the Mercator program, it is possible that you may need to contact their support department to understand why. An MQ app usually gets a message from a queue .. waiting for a message to arrive. Could this be the blocking you are seeing?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Mercator cannot connect to MQ in HPUX
Jump to: