ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Email standards in IBM ACE

Email standards in IBM ACE « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Spag3t
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:55 pm    Post subject: Email standards in IBM ACE Reply with quote

Hello guys,
i am using EmailOutputNode to send a email as MIME message on IBM ACE product. Right now i face a issue to have well formated email that comply all RFC standards (fastmail.help/hc/en-us/articles/1500000278382-Email-standards)
I did not found in IBM documentation anything about RFC standards , in java class that ibm use is also nothing.
Do i have to apply all RFC standards myself or there is some way to make it ACE without my interaction?
For example RFC5322 which define how many characters should be in 1 line. Do i have to insert CRLF after 76 characters in 10 MB attachment? It will kill my CPU
Thank you for knowledge sharing.
timber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Here is the IBM documentation for the EmailOutput node : https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/app-connect/11.0.0?topic=nodes-emailoutput-node#ac37400_cfg

I do not see any property to control the length of the lines in the output.
Quote:
For example RFC5322 which define how many characters should be in 1 line. Do i have to insert CRLF after 76 characters in 10 MB attachment? It will kill my CPU

Two points about this:
a) https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5322#section-2.1.1 says that lines must be 'no more than 998 characters'. The 78-character limit is a 'should' not a 'must'.
b) Your CPU will be doing the work, even if ACE has an option to format the output to 78-character lines. ACE is very efficient in using CPU. In fact, doing the formatting in ESQL might be faster than letting the EmailOutput node do it.
mgk
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Make sure you are not mixing up "attachments" and the "body" of an email. Attachments are encoded for you according to the "Attachment Content Encoding" property so you should not need to insert line breaks there. RFC5322 seems to apply to the message body whereas RFC2045 deals with MIME attachments...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Email standards in IBM ACE
Jump to: