ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE monitor to append the messages from queue to file

MQFTE monitor to append the messages from queue to file « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hanejare
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject: MQFTE monitor to append the messages from queue to file Reply with quote

Hello,
I have a requirement where I want create different files from MQ messages based on the filename in the header. If a file is already existing in the folder location, the message in the queue should be appended to the contents of already existing file, else a new file should be created based on the filename in the header. I do not want to use File node because of some design constraint. I have tried creating MQFTE monitor to test this requirement but the result is: if a file is not existing, a new file is getting created however an existing file is getting overwritten with the new message instead of appending. What would be the best way to address this?
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

FTE / MFT doesn't currently provide any native feature to append to destination files.

The best solution is probably to remove the requirement to append to destination files. The transfer destination file name should contains a unique suffix, such as a date time stamp at a suitable resolution, or a sequence number that is guaranteed by the source. The application that reads the destination files should then marshal the files / data into the correct order for processing.

Refer to previous thread http://mqseries.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=75328&sid=87ff1e9a45dad755865b0f38f0323d52

Last edited by gbaddeley on Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
hanejare
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. However I am unable to open the thread you suggested.
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

hanejare wrote:
Thank you for your response. However I am unable to open the thread you suggested.

The link has been fixed.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE monitor to append the messages from queue to file
Jump to: