ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ SupportHow to convert MT msg to MX (Swift XML)

How to convert MT msg to MX (Swift XML) View previous topic :: View next topic
dakoroni
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:55 pm Post subject: How to convert MT msg to MX (Swift XML) Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hello MQ support forum users,

Due to the upcoming implementation of the newer SWIFT message standard using an XML format based on ISO 20022, i was wondering which are the recommended approaches (if any) for converting traditional MT msgs to MX (XML syntax).

Actually, I was involved in a discussion about Swift message MT flow via MQ and converting MT msgs to MX with an efficient way and minimal impact on day to day msg flow, within a banking organization .
Currently most of the corp banking applications creating MT msgs and interacting with SWIFT Alliance (SAA) are developed in-house on .NET (C#) while  the rest are third-party (by vendor based).

Could you pls advise on the preferred programming approach for such conversion (i.e. .NET XML classes, runtime) or using a Msg Type conversion tool (if any)?

Any advise will be much appreciated.
Cheers, Nick.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

A quick google search for ‘convert mt to mx’ should provide you with a variety of alternatives.
dakoroni
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:05 am Post subject: How to convert MT msg to MX (swift XML) Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thanks for the tip, but I was looking for a tested and verified approach followed by feedback.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Oh, you wanted us to do your research for you. What, if anything, have you done so far?
dakoroni
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:45 am Post subject: How to convert MT msg to MX (Swift XML) Reply with quote

Acolyte

Try to be more polite pls and show respect to fellows you are talking with since you don't know their background or expertise.
I have more than 30 years in the IT field and spent a remarkable part of that time with this product.
But it seems, you didn't understand my comment at all.
I haven't asked for you or anybody to do the research.
I asked if anybody has any actual experience from such MQ SWIFT msg conversion that could be applied -in some way- to the banking organization i mentioned in my initial request, in order to fullfil that request.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

You are correct in that I didn’t understand your IT background - you didn’t provide it in your OP. It appeared, therefore, that you were asking us to do the fundamentals. No disrespect intended.
zpat
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I presume with your many years experience of MQ - that you have noticed MQ does not concern itself with message content or parsing (at least not beyond code page conversion).

Therefore look at message broker (IIB, ACE etc).
dakoroni
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:11 am Post subject: How to convert MT msg to MX (Swift XML) Reply with quote

Acolyte

I know that MQ is not dealing with msg content conversion....

But given that MQ is part of the SAA msg flow, i was asked by Bank management team to contribute in the Swift msg conversion issue with feedback about any feasible option (program method, tool, etc) to be applied.

It seems that my above intention behind subjected post was not understood, so i don't want to get involved more on this. So, pls let's finish it here.

My sincere apologies to the rest of the forum users & the moderator about the way this post has been evolved.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:13 am Post subject: Re: How to convert MT msg to MX (Swift XML) Reply with quote

Poobah

dakoroni wrote:
Re: How to convert MT msg to MX (Swift XML)

dakoroni wrote:
It seems that my above intention behind subjected post was not understood.

Yes and no. I took your post title literally: ”How to …”. I used your keywords “MQ swift convert mt Mx” in a google search argument, and discovered a variety of tools and discussion that would address what you asked. I presumed from your reply that you had done a similar search, and had discarded those tools - and without explanation.

The common process of inquiry encourages a back and forth conversation to refine what your OP meant (to the reader), what you already know, what you already tried, and the results. I presumed that you had good reason and intent for your post. I also believe that there no evil intent in any of our replies.

Again it’s the back and forth of the inquiry process.

MQSeries.net Forum IndexGeneral IBM MQ SupportHow to convert MT msg to MX (Swift XML)
Jump to: