ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » SHARECNV set to zero in 2021

SHARECNV set to zero in 2021 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject: SHARECNV set to zero in 2021 Reply with quote

Poobah

What are some reasons an MQ Client application would need SHARECNV(0)?

The MQ server is running MQ 9.2.0.1 and the JMS MQ Client version is TBD, but SHARECNV(0) allows their app to work and SHARECNV(1) causes their app to break. We proved it by flipping back and forth multiple times.

What should I be asking the app to look for on their end that would require SHARECNV(0) in this day and age?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: SHARECNV set to zero in 2021 Reply with quote

Poobah

PeterPotkay wrote:
... but SHARECNV(0) allows their app to work and SHARECNV(1) causes their app to break. We proved it by flipping back and forth multiple times.

Break how?
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I was being purposely ambiguous on the client side details because I did not want to lead the witness.

Realize we have no access to the client side servers so this info is second hand.

One use case is a JMS app throwing MQRC 2195 on their end. They could not provide a FFST/FDC file. That doesnt mean there wasnt one. The client application is older than dirt.

Another use case was a JMS app that seemed to be connecting to the remote MQ 9.2.0.1 server without issue. No MQ errors on the client or the MQ server. Messages being successfully consumed! But they kept dying with the following
[com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.impl.RemoteSession[connectionId=*deletedByMeBeforePosting]]) DfException:: THREAD: DispatchThread:
[com.ibm.mq.jmqi.remote.impl.RemoteSession[connectionId=*deletedByMeBeforePosting]]; MSG: [DM_DFC_E_CLASS_NOT_FOUND]error: "Unable to instantiate the necessary java class: com.documentum.fc.client.DfPersistentObject"; ERRORCODE: 202; NEXT: null

Many moons ago I had a MQ Client Java Applet (I said MANY moons ago) that failed with MQRC 2009 if I remember correctly when the SVRCONN channel was not SHARECNV(0).

Is there something in general to look out for that would indicate an MQ Client app is going to have issues with SHARECNV(1)?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

PeterPotkay wrote:

Is there something in general to look out for that would indicate an MQ Client app is going to have issues with SHARECNV(1)?

hi Peter...the Infocenter mentions the below for JMS to use shared connections,

If a channel is defined with the SHARECNV parameter set to a value greater than 1, then that number of conversations can share a channel instance. To enable a connection factory or an activation specification to use this function, set the SHARECONVALLOWED property to YES.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSFKSJ_9.0.0/com.ibm.mq.dev.doc/q032530_.html

PS: Spotted few Apars around SHARECNV,
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/SE67479
https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/apar/IT19999
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

For my 2 most recent uses cases I can see the remote MQ Client version is reporting at 8.0.0.6. Interesting that the 2 APARs abhi_thri points out are fixed post that, in 8.0.0.8.

But we have lots of other channels showing 8006 as the remote client version happily running with SHARECNV(1). So its not just the client version.

There must be some combinations that blow up with SHARECNV(1) and work with SHARECNV(0). It might be unique set ups while also using a particular client version that has a defect. I'm looking for anything else, more general, like a particular version or older that has no chance of working, or maybe a particular style of client install.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » SHARECNV set to zero in 2021
Jump to: