ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Runtime commands present only in full installation

Runtime commands present only in full installation « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MatthewDCampbell
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject: Runtime commands present only in full installation Reply with quote

Novice

Using IBM Integration bus 9 (shortly 10)

Assuming there is no other way to use the Toolkit commands (e.g. mqsicreatebar) or Runtime commands (mqsi e.g. mqsideploy) without a full installation of Toolkit? There is no lightweight packaging of commands?

Looking to integration build + deployment into a Azure DevOps custom task.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Runtime commands present only in full installation Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MatthewDCampbell wrote:
Assuming there is no other way to use the Toolkit commands (e.g. mqsicreatebar) or Runtime commands (mqsi e.g. mqsideploy) without a full installation of Toolkit? There is no lightweight packaging of commands?

You can certainly use the Runtime commands without the Toolkit installed; the clue is in the name (they're part of the Runtime).

Likewise you can't use the Toolkit commands without the Toolkit installed. It's a bit much to expect the mqsicreatebar command to work without all the builder functionality included in the Toolkit.

Depending on what you're trying to achieve, you might find the mqsipackagebar command useful. Failing that, you could try explaining what you're trying to achieve & we just might have some helpful suggestions. On the face of it:

MatthewDCampbell wrote:
Looking to integration build + deployment into a Azure DevOps custom task.

is neither hard nor unusual. But I accept you've disagreed with my views on your previous post, and will not be offended if you do the same here.
MatthewDCampbell
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Good tip on sidestepping Toolkit commands (e.g. mqsipackagebar).

Runtime commands probably will cover Build and Release (i.e. deploy) of bar from source code. Here again assuming the Runtime commands require a full IBM Integration Bus installation.

Want to wrap Build and Release of BAR inside a custom Azure DevOps task moving these manual processing today into Azure pipelines. Will give it a go and post back when I have a working example.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MatthewDCampbell wrote:
Runtime commands probably will cover Build and Release (i.e. deploy) of bar from source code.

No, as I said above, they don't cover the build. Compilation requires the Toolkit and it's compilation abilities. You'll note from the link I posted that the mqsipackagebar has specific requirements for it to assemble pre-compiled components.

MatthewDCampbell wrote:
Want to wrap Build and Release of BAR inside a custom Azure DevOps task moving these manual processing today into Azure pipelines. Will give it a go and post back when I have a working example.

If you don't want to completely reinvent the wheel, Mr. Google offered this to me as the 2nd hit.

If you're happier building your own wheel, you might want to consider Mr. Google's 4th suggestion here. Not Azure but I think it still has some useful pointers applicable to your situation.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Runtime commands present only in full installation
Jump to: