ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Does IIB 10 Support Password Digest auth against LDAP ?

Does IIB 10 Support Password Digest auth against LDAP ? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rama91
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:43 am    Post subject: Does IIB 10 Support Password Digest auth against LDAP ? Reply with quote

Novice

I'm trying to implement a SOAP Service with WS Security in IIB 10.0.0.12.

The Consumer would pass the user credentials in wsse username token Soap headers. With the help of default Policy set/Bindings, I was able to successfully authenticate the user against LDAP when the Password Type is Plain text.

Now If i convert the password type to Password Digest and invoke the service, authentication fails.

Do IIB 10.0.0.12 support Password Digest authentication against LDAP ? What needs to be changed in Policy Set/ Bindings to Support that ? Thank you.
martinb
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Yes IIB does support WSSE username with password digest, however only for consumer, not provider as you would need.

See "Password Digest"

I guess one option would be to have the SOAPInput node not set with a Security Profile. Then have a transform node to extract the SOAP security header, and decode the password digest and place it in the "Properties.Identity" fields, then use the SecurityPEP node to do the LDAP authentication against LDAP.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Does IIB 10 Support Password Digest auth against LDAP ?
Jump to: