ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQFB Codes in DLH

MQFB Codes in DLH « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject: MQFB Codes in DLH Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I've just had a bit of a head-scratcher trying to sort out a message in a DLQ, said message not resolving with a recognisable code, or at least not an MQRC one.

amqsbcg gave me '1901 0000' for the Reason, which, corrected for little-endian is a hex value of X'00000199' and that wonderfully helpful command-line tool of 'mqrc 0x199' gave me nada for that code, in any combination of presenting the hex code. So, thinks me, is this a 'well-behaved' application dumping a message on the queue and actually building a DLH, but populating the Reason field with their own code?

Off I went to the wonderful KC, to see what the field type is, and I stumbled (completely by accident I might add) on the page that gave me this: MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL ( X'00000119')

As far as I am concerned the mystery is solved, which led me to find the page with MQFB_* (Feedback Values) on it, but why, oh why is there not the facility to query those codes too, in the same way as MQRC?

Anyone know of a tool? Anyone?

If the answer comes back negative I may just raise an RFE
markt
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

SupportPac MS0P has "mqidecode" (among a number of tools):
Code:

$ mqidecode -p fb -v 0x119 -e
MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL

Based on the MQConstants.lookup() method available from the regular MQ Java classes if you want to build your own variants.

If I didn't know that the number was in the MQFB range, I could also do
Code:

$ mqidecode -p . -v 0x119 -e -n
MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL

to search the entire numberspace for MQ (don't try it with a number like 0x1 because it maps to so many constants).

Or the non-code way is simply to grep for the decimal version of the number in cmq*.h

Last edited by markt on Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

You sir are a scholar and a gentleman - thank you!

And embarrassingly I find I have it installed already
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: MQFB Codes in DLH Reply with quote

Poobah

exerk wrote:
I've just had a bit of a head-scratcher trying to sort out a message in a DLQ, said message not resolving with a recognisable code, or at least not an MQRC one.

MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL ( X'00000119')

A new one on me, too. Where/how did you encounter this? Symptoms?
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: MQFB Codes in DLH Reply with quote

Jedi Council

bruce2359 wrote:
exerk wrote:

A new one on me, too. Where/how did you encounter this? Symptoms?

Just had at least one message on the DLQ for that reason. Only thing I can think of (as it's a test env) is that the message must have been on the XMITQ for quite some time and the other end wasn't available. During that time the CLUSRCVR (or even the queue manager that hosted it) was deleted, the channel was fired up and hey presto, to the DLQ did it go.
HubertKleinmanns
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

exerk,

I would open a RFE. It seems, that FB codes are not part of mqrc.

When you opened the RFE, please post it to this thread. I would forward it to my german working Group (> 200 members).
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

HubertKleinmanns wrote:
exerk,

I would open a RFE. It seems, that FB codes are not part of mqrc.

When you opened the RFE, please post it to this thread. I would forward it to my german working Group (> 200 members).

I'll take it under consideration...
tczielke
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

An RFE to add this mqrc makes sense, but here is an example of how to find this information from MQ from the include files that MQ builds on (as Mark mentioned earlier):

Code:

#Linux example
> grep 281 /opt/mqm/inc/cmq*.h | grep FB
/opt/mqm/inc/cmqc.h: #define MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL    281
/opt/mqm/inc/cmqstrc.h:   case        281: c = "MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL"; break;
/opt/mqm/inc/cmqstrc.h:   {         281, "MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL" },
/opt/mqm/inc/cmqstrc.h:   {  "MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL"     ,        281 },

The include files are the "horse's mouth", since MQ builds off of them. I usually just check them for this information.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Searched google using the entire feedback code ‘MQFB_BIND_OPEN_CLUSRCVR_DEL ( X'00000119')’

Resulted in this: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSFKSJ_8.0.0/com.ibm.mq.ref.dev.doc/q096230_.htm

The message was on the SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE intended for a cluster queue that was opened with the MQOO_BIND_ON_OPEN option, but the remote cluster-receiver channel to be used to transmit the message to the destination queue was deleted before the message could be sent. Because MQOO_BIND_ON_OPEN was specified, only the channel selected when the queue was opened can be used to transmit the message. As this channel is no longer available, the message is placed on the dead-letter queue.
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

And that's the page I stumbled upon, and in which the 119 caught my eye...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MQFB Codes in DLH
Jump to: