ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue while migrating user defined node jars to IIB10 from w

Issue while migrating user defined node jars to IIB10 from w « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ShubhP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject: Issue while migrating user defined node jars to IIB10 from w Reply with quote

Novice

Hi
Need help.
We are migrating MB7 flows into IIB10. Normal flows which doesn't have any user defined java nodes, we are able to migrate through normal PI interchange file. But when we create a PI for the flows which using user defined node jars in WMB7 , those are not coming through while uploading PI into IIBv10.

Please help.

Thanks
ShubhP
timber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
Normal flows which doesn't have any user defined java nodes, we are able to migrate through normal PI interchange file
I do not consider it 'normal' to use PI files during migration. Why are PI files better than using the version control system (SVN / Git etc) where the code is stored?
Quote:
But when we create a PI for the flows which using user defined node jars in WMB7 , those are not coming through while uploading PI into IIBv10.
Please explain exactly what you mean by 'not coming through'. Remember, we cannot see your screen
ShubhP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

timber wrote:
Quote:
Normal flows which doesn't have any user defined java nodes, we are able to migrate through normal PI interchange file
I do not consider it 'normal' to use PI files during migration. Why are PI files better than using the version control system (SVN / Git etc) where the code is stored?
Quote:
But when we create a PI for the flows which using user defined node jars in WMB7 , those are not coming through while uploading PI into IIBv10.
Please explain exactly what you mean by 'not coming through'. Remember, we cannot see your screen

Thanks for the Reply.
WHy we are using PI: Because old code written in long back in WMB 7 , now we are migrating the same code in IIBv10. WE are using PI (project Interchange ) process to exporting same code flow from wmb7 and importing that to IIBv10. AFter that we are baseline the code at IIB and then check in to github for further promotaing the code in other IIB region. (there are some in-between steps in IIB to make the wmb7 flow flawless according to IIB )
The flows which does not have any User defined java node works fine, we export and import that to IIB . But when we follow the same on the flows which have the user defined Java Node, we can not see that Java nodes are exporting and importing to IIB through PI zip file.
Please assist.

Thanks
ShubhP
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ShubhP wrote:
But when we follow the same on the flows which have the user defined Java Node, we can not see that Java nodes are exporting and importing to IIB through PI zip file.

Do you mean that the nodes are not included in the flow, or that the nodes are present but the underlying user-written jars are missing? Because I don't believe the jars are included in the PI file but had to be installed manually into the broker.

I also agree with my most worthy associate; your migration strategy is very strange. Why not put the old code written long back into GitHub (including the source for the user defined java), pull that into v10, get it working then push it back to GitHub as the new baseline? Or fork / clone / otherwise separate out the code base as you see fit?
ShubhP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
ShubhP wrote:
But when we follow the same on the flows which have the user defined Java Node, we can not see that Java nodes are exporting and importing to IIB through PI zip file.

Do you mean that the nodes are not included in the flow, or that the nodes are present but the underlying user-written jars are missing? Because I don't believe the jars are included in the PI file but had to be installed manually into the broker.

I also agree with my most worthy associate; your migration strategy is very strange. Why not put the old code written long back into GitHub (including the source for the user defined java), pull that into v10, get it working then push it back to GitHub as the new baseline? Or fork / clone / otherwise separate out the code base as you see fit?

Yes you are right Vitor, looks like we need to copy the that from old code base , or manually create the same user defined Node jars in
We are using PI because there are many services and while checking out in old MB7 toolkit it comes with multiple errors so we want to fix that at MB7 toolkit first itself , and then using PI to shift the same code to IIB, and there also we need to do the following two activities :
• Conversion of *.msgmap file to *map file.
- Conversion to Application or Library from message flows and messgage sets.
• conversions of subflows created as .msgflow files during WMB7 development into .subflow files in IIB.
• We need to re-connect the subflows and remove and remaining errors. ( If manual intervention required , then it can be done like for userdefined nodes to get them directly from the old code repository )
• They are complex services so using PI so that We can analyse them as well.
Please suggest if think there can be any issue in this approach.

Thanks for your help.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ShubhP wrote:

Well, to pick out one, I wouldn't convert msgmap files to maps; I'd redo the maps. I'd also review the ESQL (and indeed the user Java) to see what was done in those languages simply because the v7 maps sucked so badly. This will enable you to get the full benefit of the new version; if you want to do a life and shift don't bother with the source code and just deploy the bar files.

Likewise handling subflows; that should be a more specific exercise than just importing the PI.
ShubhP
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
ShubhP wrote:

Well, to pick out one, I wouldn't convert msgmap files to maps; I'd redo the maps. I'd also review the ESQL (and indeed the user Java) to see what was done in those languages simply because the v7 maps sucked so badly. This will enable you to get the full benefit of the new version; if you want to do a life and shift don't bother with the source code and just deploy the bar files.

Likewise handling subflows; that should be a more specific exercise than just importing the PI.

Thank You Vitor, Yes we doing line by line review and redo wherever required after importing PI for each service application. Thanks for your help.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

ShubhP wrote:
Thank You Vitor, Yes we doing line by line review and redo wherever required after importing PI for each service application. Thanks for your help.

I still don't see how the PI files are adding any value or doing anything other than make it more time consuming, fiddly and harder to back out of in the event of a problem. Especially for a "line by line" review. Where you're moving to take a separate action for the user jar files. Which is the same action we're suggesting for the other source items.

But you're clearly going in the right direction; if you want to do it crawling on your hands and knees rather than walking, then go in peace with your decision. In the last analysis, it's your task on your site and you must do what you think best.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Issue while migrating user defined node jars to IIB10 from w
Jump to: