ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB and ACE: How to set constraint of CPU due to licensing?

IIB and ACE: How to set constraint of CPU due to licensing? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
t603
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject: IIB and ACE: How to set constraint of CPU due to licensing? Reply with quote

Voyager

Hello,

I have an IIB 10.0.0.13 on AIX now. Or IIB 10.0.0.16 and ACE 10.0.0.n on AIX or Linux in the near future. I need to set up some constraint of CPU usage due licensing, which will limit sum of all integration nodes or integration servers to the given amount of CPU due to licensing.

Let imagine, that I will have a virtual or physical server, that will have let say 10 CPU. But there is application server, database, IIB or ACE, MQ Server. An 1 CPU for IIB or ACE and 1 CPU for MQ Sever is enough for their tasks. But if I am right, without any CPU limitation of IIB, ACE, MQ, I have to pay for 10 CPU for IIB or ACE, 10 CPU for MQ Server etc. That is waste of PVU (money). These IIB or ACE and MQ (AMS one) will serve as "microbrokers", not as central ESB super-server. And they will not be installed in dockers (due current security concerns). And I can not create separate LPAR (virtual server) just for one microbroker (this would be a big overhead).

How can I limit IIB or ACE and MQ maximal CPU consumption to the given number?

Thank You in advance for Your answer, Stepan
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: IIB and ACE: How to set constraint of CPU due to licensi Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

t603 wrote:
How can I limit IIB or ACE and MQ maximal CPU consumption to the given number?

You should circle back with your IBM account rep. When we went through this exercise (for much the same reason), we were told the PVUs were calculated according to the number of CPUs in the server not the number the product was using, so using something like CPU affinity wouldn't help us.

No 2 IBM license agreements are the same but you might want to double check.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » IIB and ACE: How to set constraint of CPU due to licensing?
Jump to: