ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Encrypting username and password in property file for jcn

Encrypting username and password in property file for jcn « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hane
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject: Encrypting username and password in property file for jcn Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a java compute node which calls external webservice. The username and password are UDP and the values are taken from property files. The values are configured in plain text in property files. I want to get rid of the user name and password values from property files and find an alternative solution approach. I cannot use SOAPRequest node as it will change the design. I read through and found that configurable service can be an option as we can get config service property values in JCN. I also read that mqsisetdbparams can be used to set username and password. But I am confused as in how the username and password values set in mqsisetdbparams will be passed to webservice call in java compute node. Or is there any recommended approach which I can look for? Last option is to use java api for encryption and decryption, as in to encrypt the username and password in property file and decrypt it while retriving in JCN. Any leads on the solution approach are appreciated.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Encrypting username and password in property file for jc Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

hane wrote:
I have a java compute node which calls external webservice.

Why? Why write code to do what the HTTPRequest / SOAPRequest node does out of the box?

hane wrote:
I cannot use SOAPRequest node as it will change the design.

No it doesn't. The design says "call an external web service". If the design is to the level of describing what nodes and code are used, that's not a design that's pseudo code.

hane wrote:
I read through and found that configurable service can be an option as we can get config service property values in JCN. I also read that mqsisetdbparams can be used to set username and password. But I am confused as in how the username and password values set in mqsisetdbparams will be passed to webservice call in java compute node.

It won't be. You'll have to code for it, because the software doesn't expect there to be a webservice call in a JCN; it expects it to be done by the supplied nodes.

hane wrote:
Or is there any recommended approach which I can look for?

Use the supplied nodes, which not only have all the facilities you've carefully built into this JCN to handle web service calls (along with a lot of other benefits I bet you don't have in your code) but have the inbuilt ability to handle and encrypt credentials exactly as you describe in your use case.

hane wrote:
Any leads on the solution approach are appreciated.

Use the inbuilt nodes. And tell whoever "designed" a web service call in a JCN that they need more training in the software. IBM have provided a large number of wheel in this very expensive software; inventing your own in Java is a waste of time, effort and license fees.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Encrypting username and password in property file for jcn
Jump to: