ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Changing event monitoring when needed

Changing event monitoring when needed « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject: Changing event monitoring when needed Reply with quote

Knight

We are running IIB 10 on AIX. We have message flows with event monitoring specified in the node properties.
Sometimes we need to change what event or event content we need and we do not want to change the flow and re-deploy. We are testing to use configurable service with different monitoring profile. Our understanding is what is specified in the configurable service overrides what is in node properties. This seem to agreed with our observation during testing. Our question is what is the right steps to remove the configurable service so that the message flow can fall back to what was defined in the node properties.
we use mqsichangeflowmonitoring to associate a configurable service with a message flow by setting its monitoringProfile property.
But info center says nothing about dis-associate the config service with the flow.
The info center talks about mqsideleteconfigurableservice. We tested inactivate flow monitoring , delete the CF service and activate flow monitoring and it seems to work. But we don't want to go through the delete and recreate cycle next time we want to use the config service with the right profile. Can anyone share their experience ?
abhi_thri
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

hi...is it not possible to do that using mqsichangeflowmonitoring command itself, i.e by not specifying the '-m monitoring profile',

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac37870_.htm

mqsichangeflowmonitoring IBNODE
-e default
-f myMessageFlow
-s "Node1_Label.terminal.out,Node2_Label.terminal.in"
-i enable
timber
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Quote:
is it not possible to do that using mqsichangeflowmonitoring command itself, i.e by not specifying the '-m monitoring profile'
I think you need to explicitly set the monitoring profile name to "":
Code:
mqsichangeflowmonitoring IBNODE
-e default
-f myMessageFlow
-s "Node1_Label.terminal.out,Node2_Label.terminal.in"
-i enable
-m ""
KIT_INC
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight

Thanks, -m '' works.

I was confused by what should be -m
The books says monitoring profile.
But when I look at
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac60385_.htm ("Configuring monitoring event sources using a monitoring profile"), Under Applying a monitoring profile step 3, the sample command is :

mqsichangeflowmonitoring myBroker -e IS1 -f messageflow1 -m myMonitoringProfile

The value specified after -m (myMonitoringProfile) is the name of the configurable service and not the monitoring profile name (i.e. something.xml).
timber
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The docs are technically correct, because the XML file that you use to populate the configurable service is not (really) the monitoring profile. But your confusion is very understandable.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Changing event monitoring when needed
Jump to: