ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » JMS Administered Object Menu Item Not Present

JMS Administered Object Menu Item Not Present « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
belchman
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: JMS Administered Object Menu Item Not Present Reply with quote

Partisan

I have a stand-alone MQExplorer 9.0 instance running on a Windows server. I am trying to create a .bindings file for an application that is served by a queue manager on a remote UNIX box that also hosts the app that needs the .bindings file.

That is the "why I ask" part.

My issue is, My MQExplorer does not have a JMS Administered Objects menu item. Do I have to have MQ server installed under MQ Explorer before I get the JMS Administered Objects menu item? Do I need to install a plugin?

I do not install MQ Explorer on each MQ system. In fact, it is installed no where except the jump boxes for control reasons.

I created a .bindings file using JMSAdmin and sent it to the app. The JMSAdmin app I ran is not on the host of the queue manager that will serve the app. I do this in case I have many .bindings files to manage and I want a central place to manage all .bindings files.

The app is not able to publish a topic and I am not sure if it is because of my .bindings file I sent them.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Re: JMS Administered Object Menu Item Not Present Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

belchman wrote:
I have a stand-alone MQExplorer 9.0 instance running on a Windows server. I am trying to create a .bindings file for an application that is served by a queue manager on a remote UNIX box that also hosts the app that needs the .bindings file.

That is the "why I ask" part.

My issue is, My MQExplorer does not have a JMS Administered Objects menu item. Do I have to have MQ server installed under MQ Explorer before I get the JMS Administered Objects menu item? Do I need to install a plugin?

I do not install MQ Explorer on each MQ system. In fact, it is installed no where except the jump boxes for control reasons.

I created a .bindings file using JMSAdmin and sent it to the app. The JMSAdmin app I ran is not on the host of the queue manager that will serve the app. I do this in case I have many .bindings files to manage and I want a central place to manage all .bindings files.

The app is not able to publish a topic and I am not sure if it is because of my .bindings file I sent them.

It is most probably because you may need to create a topic object and authorize it before the app is authorized to post to the topic...
belchman
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

I have created a topic. That is why I am confused. I have even gone so far to elevate their access from DSP,PUB,SUB to everything. They still get the error.

What they have now:

-n "JNDI_TEST_TOPIC" -t topic -g "wmtsuppt" -chg -clr -dlt -dsp -ctrl -passall -passid -setall -setid -pub -sub -resume

What they had at the outset:

-n "JNDI_TEST_TOPIC" -t topic -g "wmtsuppt" -dsp -pub -sub -resume

The error they get in MQ logs:

My logs have rotated over the weekend. They get an error that says not authorized to access "topic string". It does not say topic, it says "topic string". Therein lies my confusion.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

belchman wrote:
I have created a topic.

A TOPIC object is an administrative point of control at a place in the topic hierarchy.
belchman wrote:

What they have now:

No, this is the command you executed to grant authority. Use the MQSC command to display the TOPIC object and its attributes and values.

belchman wrote:

The error they get in MQ logs:

My logs have rotated over the weekend.

AMQERR01.LOG is the current log. AMQERR02.LOG is the next most recent.
belchman wrote:
They get an error that says not authorized to access "topic string". It does not say topic, it says "topic string". Therein lies my confusion.

Are they attempting to pub or sub to the TOPIC object? I'm guessing no. If they attempt to publish or subscribe to a place in the topic string below the TOPIC object, then the ASPARENT attribute value will cause the security software to look higher in the hierarchy to determine if pub/sub is allowed or inhibited.

As to your original post (OP), you state that you don't see pub/sub in the MQE navigator pane. What else is missing? I don't have access to the MQE right now, but I'd imagine that there is a VIEW preference option to display/suppress what's in the navigator pane.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: JMS Administered Object Menu Item Not Present Reply with quote

Poobah

belchman wrote:
I have a stand-alone MQExplorer 9.0 instance running on a Windows server.

My issue is, My MQExplorer does not have a JMS Administered Objects menu item.

Have you connected from the MQExplorer to the qmgr that you intend to administer?

Do you see Queues, Topics, etc. in the MQExplorer qmgr view?
belchman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

All,

Regarding the JMS Administered Objects issue, that was an ID10T error. I was looking under the queue manager for that menu item when it is a menu item at the same level as queue manager.

Bruce2359,

There are no entries under JMS Administered Objects because I did not use MQ Explorer to create the .bindings. I used JMSAdmin on a UNIX box to create the .bindings.

I then used MQ Explored to create the channels, queues and topics to which the .bindings resolve.

Perhaps I am in error, but I believe that the MQ Explorer JMS Administered Objects and the JMSAdmin program do the same thing--create a .bindings. Also, the MQ Explorer function offers a way to create the MQ objects more easily than how I did-- manually.
belchman
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Bruce2359,

Here is the topic I manually created.

AMQ8633: Display topic details.
TOPIC(JNDI_TEST_TOPIC) TYPE(LOCAL)
TOPICSTR(wm/jndi/test) DESCR( )
CLUSTER( ) CLROUTE(DIRECT)
DURSUB(ASPARENT) PUB(ASPARENT)
SUB(ASPARENT) DEFPSIST(ASPARENT)
DEFPRTY(ASPARENT) DEFPRESP(ASPARENT)
ALTDATE(2018-12-1 ALTTIME(09.54.11)
PMSGDLV(ASPARENT) NPMSGDLV(ASPARENT)
PUBSCOPE(ASPARENT) SUBSCOPE(ASPARENT)
PROXYSUB(FIRSTUSE) WILDCARD(BLOCK)
MDURMDL( ) MNDURMDL( )
MCAST(ASPARENT) COMMINFO( )
USEDLQ(ASPARENT) CUSTOM( )
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Exactly how does the app pub or sub? To the TOPIC OBJECT or TOPIC STRING?

Post the source code here.
belchman
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

The app in this case is WebMethods. It is an IDE like IBM Message Broker. I can ask them but I suspect they cant provide code.

Today I am going to have them replicate the issue and I am going to get a trace to send to IBM.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

It might be as simple as the difference between topic strings:
a) wm/jndi/test
b) /wm/jndi/test

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » JMS Administered Object Menu Item Not Present
Jump to: